[forty three] boys will be boys

Jahseh's POV

Today I had a day off. Stokeley told me to take a day off, so I took a day off like I was told to. Tuh.

Originally I was gonna go anyways, the daycare is like my second home. Plus it's been too long since I got to be all clingy with Stokeley and I missed that nigga.

Then I remembered that Hot Topic was having a fucking sale. I nearly broke my neck going through my closet to find the darkest clothes that I could.

I ain't talking about no ThRaShEr, every teenage hoe be wearing that and probably don't even know where it comes from.

I was just shoving my booth on my feet, when there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Hold on, ma!"

"I'm not Miss Cleo." Came a soft voice on the other side of the door.

My blood ran cold. Not this bitch! I can't get rid of her ass for shit!

I ran a hand down my face. "What do you want? Why are you here?"

"Open the door and let me talk to you."

I chuckled. "Hell the fuck no. You stay out there. How I know you ain't gonna try something since I stabbed yo ass in the throat?"

I heard her sigh. "I'm not upset about that anymore. I got to see my mom so I forgive you, please just open the door."

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the door. "Fine. But you give me one wrong look, and it's back to prune juice."

I unlocked the door and it swung open, knocking me over. I started to get back up, but another body landing on top of mine pushed me right back down.

"Oh my God, he was right! You've gotten bigger again!" I started to get crushed by a hug, the smell of lavender filled my nostrils.

"Yeah, I got my form back. Could you get off of me?"

She pulled back. "Believe it or not, I missed your grumpy ass a lot. Heaven is too good, I need some form of negativity in my life."

"Mhm. You said you needed to talk, and today's my day off so just come with me." I mumbled.

"Oh! Are we going shopping?! Jahseh you know how much-" I put a hand over her mouth.

"Damn, calm down Geneva! Being around yo momma for a while done turned you into an airhead."

"M'kay." She nodded. I removed my hand.

"Get off of me so we can go." I said. She hopped out of my lap and headed for the front door downstairs.

I logged up, and looked at her out of the corner of my eye, a smirk grew on my face. "You know, a very very tiny, micro, stupid part of my brain missed your presence. Just a little though." I said, walking next to her.

She smiled back. "That's-"

"Oh yeah, no one else remembers you besides my mom. Stokeley and everyone you've ever met forgot about you too." I added, reaching for the front door knob once we reached it.

Her smile dropped, a scowl taking it's place. "What do you-"

"Stokeley and I are together now, and he's busted a nut in me so if we see him you better not try shit. Or I'll fuck you up worse then last time."

"He what now?!"

------------------------------------------------------

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked Geneva, handing her another item from the rack.