[thirty one] zoo trip pt.5

Stokeley's POV

"It's not even that serious. You acting like a bitch." Tay rolled his eyes at a crying Gazzy.

"Acting like a- nigga, you slapped the ice cream out of his hand!" Omar fumed.

Tay smacked his lips. "You shouldn't eat what you can't spell."

Gazzy cried even louder. People were starting to stare at us. I quickly crouched down to try to cheer him up by promising him another cone.

"That's not funny, Tay. Apologise." Nick crossed his arms.

"For what? And why you always dipping in my business Nick? That shit gets mad annoying-"

Nick popped Tay in his mouth. "Don't you ever curse at me. I ain't them other boys, you listen to me. Now, I said apologise."

Tay covered his mouth with his hand and sneered. Nonetheless, be still mumbled a quick 'i'm sorry' to Gaz. Gazzy nodded and thanked Nick.

"Maybe Nick should be the one in charge. Seems like he keeps Tay in check, and Tay doesn't fight back." I shrugged.

"In the words of Jarad, must be nice." Omar muttered. He took Gazzy's hand and skipped over to the ice cream stand.

I watched them from the picnic table we were seated at. You never know when a Daniel 2.0 might strike.

Speaking of Daniel, him and Stokes should be here soon.

------------------------------------------------------

Daniel's POV

We'd caught up with Stoke and his boys a few minutes ago. It was an hour after their lunch and we had to leave soon. Right now, we were heading over to Geneva to link up.

It was definitely a weird day. I did my usual scan of the boys.

Symere and Jordan were holding hands. Apparently, they're boyfriends now. I guess Jordan wasn't as straight as he said he was.

Micheal and Jarad were holding hands, but they were looking anywhere else but at each other. Micheal was blushing.

I checked on Stokes kids.

Diego had some candy in his mouth, and he was holding on to Metri's shirt tail. Metri didn't seem to mind.

Pete had a tiny arm slung around Patrick's shoulders, he seemed to be telling Patrick a joke. Patrick gave a small giggle.

No lie, I've been watching those two. They're cute as hell.

And then there was the infamous Jahseh and his obsession with Stokes.

I wasn't surprised when I looked over and managed to catch him on Stokes back. He smiled at the side of Stokeley's face, who was busy looking down at the map.

He then wrapped both arms around Stokes neck and bit down on his ear. Stokeley dropped the map and squealed.

"Jah! Stop biting me! This is the second time." He said, bending over to pick up the map.

Second time?

"Sorry. Like I told you, I love chocolate. I can't help but eat a snack when I see one." He giggled and kissed Stoke on his earlobe.

"Remind me to move far, far away when you get the ability to drive legally." Stokeley mumbled, putting the map away and tucking his arms back under Jah's thighs.

Jah shrugged. "You won't have to wait long. My final form is legal enough."

"Final form? You on that Symere shit." I added.

Wait. Didn't Symere say that he had a cousin, and that they weren't from here?

I gave another look at Jahseh. His eyes were closed as he rested against Stokes back. I swear that I saw something flash across his face. It was quick, but something was there. I heard the sound of a crow nearby.

Maybe.

I shivered at the thought of Jimmy. I remembered a dream that I'd had about Symere. Never again.

------------------------------------------------------

Jah's POV

"Y'all good, is everyone here?" Stokeley asked.

"Yes sir." Josh nodded.

"Okay. Every gather around, were gonna take a group photo." Stokes took his hands from around my legs to pull a camera out of his fanny pack.

"I love it when you take control." I whispered in his ear.

He shivered. "Jah, chill."

I giggled. His reactions are so amusing to me.

"I'll take the picture." Daniel spoke up. "I'm just here for extra help anyway."

Stokeley handed the camera to Daniel. "You sure?" Geneva asked.

"Yeah. Don't worry about it." He nodded.

Stokeley quickly ran back to our spot, I held on so I wouldn't fall off of his back.

"Okay, everybody say, 'fuck you Drake'." Daniel said.

"Fuck you Drake!" We all yelled. He snapped the picture.

"Nice. Got it!"

------------------------------------------------------

We'd made it back on the bus, as soon as we got on, Stokeley fell asleep.

Everyone but me and Tay was asleep. I don't blame them, it was a long day. We fought, visited the elephants, and got chased down by a security guard when they found out the we were the ones that assaulted that family in the gift shop.

I squeezed the elephant toy that Patrick recovered for me.

I felt giddy inside when I remembered the way that Stokes took up for me.

I scooted over in the bus seat, and rested my head on his lap. He jumped in his sleep, but he still put a hand of my head and gave a soothing rub to my scalp.

I sighed. He isn't making things easy on me.

When the time comes, I know I'll have to choose. No doubt that I'm staying here, I'll just have to break it to Symere.

Hell, Symere and Jordan looked real comfortable today. Maybe Sy will choose to stay as well.

Jarad might stay as well. I don't think that Stokeley knows about us three.

It doesn't matter. My dad is just gonna have to accept the fact that heaven just isn't for me.

-JADA