[fifty nine] all good things must come to an end

Stokeley's POV

"What do you mean last day?" Diego asked from my lap.

"Yeah, where are you going?" Metri added.

Me and Jahseh had revealed the news to the boys. I felt bad too.

Tyler, Nick, Patrick, and Jarad had started to cry because they thought that it was their faults.

Tay had a tantrum. Symere was wearing a sad expression, Alex shook her head, and Daniel had seemed melancholy today as well.

If I'm being honest, I didn't think that me leaving would be that big of a deal. I'd been wrong though, especially since Tay was actually upset about me not coming back.

"I have to go back to school. It wasn't my decision, I'm sorry." I said as I ran a hand through Diego's curls.

"Man, why does bad stuff always happen to me?" Pete said sadly.

"God ain't shit." Symere sighed.

"Of course you would say that." Jordan giggled.

"We don't want you to go." Nick said, he sniffed and a few tears ran down his face. Patrick nodded, his face the same. Tears streaming down his pale cheeks.

"Don't cry." Jahseh said trying to calm down the boys. He pulled Patrick and Nick into his lap.

Jarad curled up on the side of Micheal. "It's not gonna be the same."

"Why do you have to go to school?" Gazzy said, grumpily.

"So he won't be like yo dumb ass." Omar mumbled.

"Shut up, Stanley." I retorted.

"Who?" Omar questioned.

"Nevermind. Anyways, it's not like I won't see y'all ever again. I'll still come by when I have the time. Plus, summer break is only like, five months away." I smiled.

"That's too long." Tay whined. "Who else will argue with me for entertainment?"

I shrugged. "Alex is taking my place, so it's not like you'll be short a person."

Alex's eyes widened. "I what now? Stokeley, you know-"

"Yeah. I know. But....that.. shouldn't get in the way as long as you know how to control it." I waved her off. I knew what she meant, but I wasn't gonna say it in front of everyone. I promised to keep it a secret.

She sighed. "Alright. If you say so."

"What are y'all talking about?" Jahseh raised an eyebrow. I could tell that by the tone of his voice that he was getting agitated.

"Nothing. Alex has a....medical condition. She wanted to make sure that the kids would be safe around her. Well, metaphorically safe in a way." I grinned, hopefully he'll let it go.

"Oh. Okay..." He trailed off. Somewhere deep down, I know that this wouldn't be last time that it would be brought up.

"So, what are we gonna do now? Today is your last day." Daniel asked, shifting Gus in his lap.

"I don't know. It's whatever." I shrugged.

I wouldn't say it, but I was proud of how far Daniel had come. Just one month ago, he was a whole ass pedophile. Now, he didn't even blink inappropriately in the direction of the boys.

All of them has had some sort of change.

Tay wasn't as aggressive, Jordan was calmer, and Metri didn't fight as much.

Diego didn't lisp much, Patrick wasn't as shy, Tyler and Josh were both making friends with everyone, and Gus wasn't antisocial anymore.

Micheal and Jarad could have their moments, but at least they smiled more. Nick and Pete were very supportive as friends.