[twenty seven] zoo trip

"Okay, y'all got everything?" Daniel clapped his hands together.

"Remember:
You need money for lunch, wristbands, and you needed to bring pillows and blankets for the bus. Y'all cool?" I asked, fixing Jahseh on my waist.

"Yes sir!" They said simultaneously, saluting.

"Y'all ain't gotta- nevermind. Daniel, is the bus outside yet?"

He peeked through the window. "Not yet chief."

"What's taking so long? It's one bus." Jahseh muttered.

"Ion know. It's okay though. Let them take they time. I ain't looking forward to this like that."

"Why not?" He raised his chin from where it was resting on the crook of my neck. "We get to see elephants! I love elephants."

"For real?"

"Yep. I want a tattoo of one when I get older. Probably on my neck, wouldn't that be cool, Stokes?"

I shrugged. "If that's what you want, I'm down with the idea."

"Aww. This is why I'm glad that you're mines." He wrapped his short arms around my neck even tighter.

"What, I ain't mean it like-"

"Pokeley! The bus is here!" Diego tugged on my pants. The rest of the boys were running outside.

"Y'all slow down!" I said.

I picked up Jah's backpack from next to the door and passed it to him.

"You ready?" Daniel asked me as we walked side by side to the bus. Geneva was already waiting.

"Nope. But I ain't got a choice." I huffed.

------------------------------------------------------

"So I'm outside of the club and you think i'mma puuunk!" Taymor screamed. Ever since he put them headphones on, he been yelling lyrics.

"Nick." He turned around. "Please tell your friend to turn down a lil. Ion want them to wake up."

I motioned to Jahseh and Diego, both of them were passed out on each other's shoulder.

Nick nodded, he popped Tay upside the head.

Tay pulled one of his ears out of the headphones. "Ow! Nicky, why-"

"Shhh! Quiet." He pointed to Jah and Dee.

"Oh shit. My bad." He slouched back down in his seat, much quieter now.

"Thank you." I whispered. He gave me a thumbs up.

I checked the driver. She was just chilling, popping away on her gum. Her and Geneva were engaged in a conversation.

It was fairly quiet, which is weird for the rest of the boys.

I glanced back behind me.

Metri was playing a game on his tablet. Jordan was sleeping on Symere, who was silently reading a book. His glasses were pushed down his nose.

Jarad and Michael were sharing earbuds. Patrick was looking out of the window, and Pete looked to be drawing him in a little notebook.

Tyler and Josh were practicing a handshake. They'd been doing that since they got on the bus.

Gus was sitting next to me. He was occupied on his phone.

Gazzy and Omar were pointing at stuff out of the window.

Daniel, for once, wasn't watching the kids. He was sitting across from me on Snapchat messing with filters. I'd taken a picture with him at one point.

The rest of the ride went just like that. Calm.

Weird and uncomfortable.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I was kind of glad when the two hours had passed and we had finally arrived to the zoo.

------------------------------------------------------

"Okay. We need to split off into groups." Daniel explained.

"Yeah. I agree." Geneva nodded.

"Alright, we'll let the kids pick." I added. "Whoever they wanna go with, they'll stand in line next to them.

We all spread out.

"Alright, choose."

I was surprised when they all came to me.

I laughed. "I can't have everybody."

They groaned. Then they all got the message and split.

Daniel had Sy, Micheal, Jarad, and Jordan.

Geneva had Nick, Tay, Josh, Tyler, Omar, and Gazzy.

I was left with Jah, Diego, Gus, Metri, Pete, and Patrick.

"Okay, that's better. Now, does everybody have their wristbands and a map?" I asked. Jahseh patted my back, I bent down and let him onto it.

"Yes." They all answered.

"Good. We'll split, go to different areas, and then meet up for lunch. Sound good?" I questioned. Jah slid some sunglasses over my eyes.

"Yes, we got it momma Stokeley." Josh answered. The kids giggled.

"Okay. Stick together, and if anybody try to snatch you, remember, start screaming the lyrics to Taylor Swift's 'shake it off'. If they black, they'll let yo ass go. If they white, start singing gospel songs."

"Bet." Tay said, rubbing his hands together like birdman.

"Aight. " I said. We all took off in different directions.

------------------------------------------------------

"Diego, it's fine. I'm sure that he didn't mean to scare you." I cooed.

It was all going smooth. We'd been have no problems until Diego had gotten scared because a monkey had threw a rock at the window when I was trying to take a picture of him.

Poor guy was traumatized.

"Come on, Dee. Fuck them monkey-see monkey-do ass niggas, let's go look at the elephants!" Jahseh said. A white lady gasped.

"Such language! Why, a mouth like yours belongs on a sailor!" She huffed.

"Aye, watch yoself bitch. Do you kno-"

I cut Jah off by picking him up.

"Sorry ma'am." I apologized. She looked me up and down.

"Aren't you a little too young to have children? Well, then again I'd expect nothing less from your kind." She spat, obviously disgusted.

"Wait, what you mean your kind?" I took a step forward. Some other tourist began to stare at us.

"Teenagers!"

"Oh. Shiiiiit, you better correct yourself. I almost rocked yo shit granny. Anyways, have a nice day. Nosey bitch." I pushed past her.

The boys followed.

"Where we going Stokes? Hopefully somewhere that don't smell like you after a long day." Jah scrunched up his nose.

"You know what-" I started to put him down.

"No! I'm sorry! It wasn't funny, I apologise." He clung to my shirt.

"Mhm."

"Seriously, can we go to the elephants now?"

"Yeah." The rest of the boys agreed. Diego was chewing on some gum that Jah gave him.

"Ion know." I said, looking at the map. "It's kinda far. The Lions are closer-"

"Please! I swear i'll be a good boy for you." He pouted.

"Yeah, yeah. Aight. But you gotta be on your best behavior." I complied.

"Okay, papa Stokes."

-JADA