[seven] onfroy

"Stokeley! Hurry up, damn."

"Momma, I told you not to be cussing in front of Diego. Ion want him to grow up and be like you." I mumbled that last part.

"Ow!" She slapped me upside my head. "I heard you boy."

Diego laughed, thumb in his mouth. "Poor Stokeley."

I rolled my eyes. "You should stop sucking your thumb Dee."

He stuck his tongue out at me and walked over to me. "Up."

I picked him up. My mom cooed.
"Times like this make me wish I had another child. Just so you won't be so lonely."

"Why don't you?"

She made a stank face. "Niggas ain't shit. That and I gotta stay tight. Babies will stretch you."

I gagged. I looked down at Diego, who was looking confused. "Stretch?" He lisped.

"I'm so sorry. Please, don't grow up and be like that." I adjusted his beanie. He nodded.

My mom swung open the front door, cause me and Diego to jump.

"C'mon y'all. Stokeley, you got work to do, and I got children to ignore."

------------------------------------------------------

"Ma! Ma!" I screamed.

She just kept singing along to her gospel. She had it up so loud that ion think she can hear me.
Diego is clinging to me for dear life in the backseat.

I decided to sit in the back with him since I knew how dangerous my mother was on the road. I always wonder how she gets no tickets.

"Momma!"

The music got lower. "What nigga?!"

I huffed out a breath. "Please, slow down. Go the speed limit."

She laughed. "Ain't no speed limit when I'm driving. I don't read them things. They don't matter."

She turned the music back up, and if anything she only went faster.

See, I knew how to drive. I'd gotten my permit last year, and I went and got my driver's license not too long ago. I was in the clear.

My momma never let me drive because she, 'doesn't want me to wreck her car'.

Like, does she even realize that she drives like she's with Nascar?

I asked for my own car too, but she said no. She doesn't 'trust me'.

Diego jumped when my momma hollered. "Oooh, this my shit!"

"SHE LICK ME LIKE A LOLLIPOP!" My mom screeched.

Diego was shaking. I thought he was crying until I saw him smiling.

This shit ain't funny, my death perception is kicking in and this lil nigga laughing.

About ten minutes later, four songs, and sixteen ran red lights, we'd finally made it to SS.

My heart and breathing finally slowed down when she parked the car. I put a hand over my chest, Diego quickly climbing over me to get out.

"It wasn't even that bad. Y'all being extra and dramatic for no reason." She rolled her eyes and closed her door.

I felt a familiar tug at my leg. I picked up Diego.

"Why is it so empty?" He asked.

"We have to be here early everyday so we can get ready for you guys." I explained while balancing him on my hip.