[fifteen] plotting

"Alright. Let's get this over with." I said, rubbing my hands together like birdman.

"Gazzy, hand me the scissors. Try not to cut yourself this time."

"I'm not gonna cut myself." He said rolling his eyes. Her grabbed the scissors and almost immediately dropped them.

"Fuck! I cut my finger!" He winced.

I snatched them from him and began to inspect his hands. "I told yo dumb ass!"

He pouted. "Why are you always looking at wounds? You a dentist?"

"A dentist looks at teeth. You're thinking of a doctor." I corrected him, now pulling a band-aid out of my special pouch. I always carry it around in my back pocket.

"No you dummy. Dentists check your bone marrow in your nails. Doctor's work on your tonsils."

I looked him in the eyes. "Only one part of that sentence made sense."

He giggled. "I'm a certified Harvard graduate."

"Keep dreaming, my ignorant friend."

"You're not ignoring me."

"What? No baby, that's not what-"

"What y'all doing over here?" Omar's canine ass interrupted me.

"I got a boo boo! Can you kiss it for me?" Gazzy held his hand out to Omar.

"Sure." He kissed Gazzy's and and I cringed.

"El cachorro y el idiota. Que lindo." I said, gagging.

Omar kissed Gazzy's hand again, making Gazzy release a high pitched giggle. I sighed.

"I'll just leave y'all to it. I'm gonna go play with Diego." I added, hopping out of my seat.

Omar took my old seat and began to finish the paper cutouts that I was helping Gazzy with.

I shoved my pouch in my back pocket, after I took a fruit roll up out of it, and looked for Diego.

He was sitting in Stokeley's lap, reading a book. Stokeley looked like he was sleeping.

My man is so cute.

I skipped over to Diego. "Hey my cherry little friend, how you feeling?"

He looked up at me and smiled. "Reading this book Stokeley brought from home."

"He brought you a book?" I questioned.

He nodded. "I left it in his bed by mistake yesterday, so he reminded me to bring it today."

"Wait, you were at his house? But...how?" I asked, getting a little jealous.

How was Diego able to go to Stokes house? And what is he doing over there anyway?

"Yeah. I'm staying with him and Mrs. Regina-"

"Staying? As in living? Oh hell no."

I yanked Diego out of Stokes lap. "Metri wants you to play with him." I lied. His eyes lit up.

"Wowzers! Okay!" He put the book on a nearby table and ran off over to Metri, who held a confused face as to why Diego was over there. He didn't tell Diego to leave though.

Back to Stokeley. His hefty ass thought he was slick. Not on my watch.

I stood on my tip toes, then got as close to his face that I could.

Then I slapped that nigga.

"Wake yo ass up!" I said when I hit him.

He jumped up. "I'm sorry ma! I'll clean it up!"

"What?"

"Jah?! What the fuck you doing? Did you hit me?"

I nodded. "I sure did. You got explaining to do." I crossed my arms.

"Explaining?" He sat up straight.

"Yeah nigga! Did I st-st-studder? Some explaining."

His big head ass just laughed at me. Ain't nothing funny, I'm mad and I need answers. "Alright. I'll humor you. What I gotta explain?"

"Why is Diego staying with you? You been hanging out with Daniel? He starting to rub off on you?"

"What? No. Ain't nothing rubbing on nothing with Daniel." He stated.

"Yeah, cause you too busy rubbing on Diego, when you could be rubbing on me." I said. He choked but I didn't care. I was determined to get what I wanted, and I wanted this nigga sitting in front of me.

And that's that. Periodt.

"Jah. No. I think you got the wrong idea. I'm not rubbing on anything under the age of 15. Hell I barely rub on anything over the age of 15."

"But you'll rub on my sister? You could do so much better. And I think I'm better."

"For a 6 year old, you talk like you an adult. Who the hell be teaching y'all all this?"

"I don't know. The author just made us talk advanced and curse a lot. It's funny to her readers, and she just wants them to laugh."

"What?"

"Nothing. But seriously," I climbed into his lap. "You should invite me over. I mean, it's not fair that Diego gets all of the play dates."

"Diego doesn't have a choice, Jah." He tried to move me. The nerve of this nigga.

"Well too bad. I'm asking your mom is I can stay over during the weekend. And I know my mom will say yes. Your mom loves me too." I said confidently.

Stokeley sighed. "You're not letting this little play date thing go, are you?"

I shook my head. "Nope. I'm only doing this because I love you and want what's best for you, and right now, I'm the best option. People tell me that I'm very pretty."

"Okay." He agreed. "Go ask."

"Wait really?" My eyes widened.

"Yep. But if you come over so does Gen. And you have to stay downstairs with Diego while the big kids stay in my room."

"And do what in your room?" I asked, putting a hand on his forehead.

"Have Bible study." He chuckled.

I slapped his forehead. "You think that shit funny? I know slang! The only thing Geneva good at studying is the tip of a dic-"

"Okay! Bye Seh-Seh."

He lifted me off of his lap and left the room. Probably to go talk to my sister, who was in Mrs. Regina's office. She was helping her clean. There's a new lady coming to take over the office. I heard that she has to go because she's pregnant.

I wish I was pregnant. Maybe Stokeley would stay with me if I got pregnant by him.

Wait. I giggled. That gives me an idea!

I rubbed my hands together like birdman again.

"Hey Diego?" I shouted. He looked up from where he was tickling Metri.

"Do you want to have a sleepover at Stokes house this weekend?"

-JADA