[twenty four] when it rains it pours

"Wow." My dad said.

"All this happened, as soon as my black ass decide to leave?"

"Pretty much. It's not like you care, bum ass." My momma answered, mumbling the last part.

"I always miss the good stuff. And Stoke, who taught you how to fight like that? Really, you out here sleeping motherfuckers with a windmill?" He laughed, slapping his knee.

"Ion see how that's so funny but okay." I rolled my eyes.

"It's funny cause you young niggas swear up and down that y'all hard and shit, but at the same time y'all getting y'all shit rocked by a fat, bald, musty niggas windmill." He laughed even harder.

"Pokey is always windmilling. And it works out when he does it so we trust it." Diego lisped.

"Damn lil nigga, say it don't spray it. Try to angle that drizzle over there." He wiped off his arm and pointed at my momma.

"Diego's lisp ain't even that bad. You tripping tripping." Jahseh added, sizing him up.

"You got a mouth on you, you know that?"

"And you got a nappy head on you, a ratty mustache, a woman that can't stand you, and a mustard stain on your collar, you know that?" Jahseh spat.

"Calm down, Jah." I pleaded.

"No, I like this lil nigga. Especially when I get his kind down at the station. Young, reckless, and pretty in the eyes. The inmates have fun with your kind." He sneered.

"And graveyards love yo kind, dead and gone." Jahseh lunged at my dad.

------------------------------------------------------

JAHSEH'S POV

"Y'all nasty. Go find a room." I scrunched my face up.

She waved me off and continued to suck his face off.

I gagged. "STOKELEY! YO PARENTS IN HERE GOING AT IT. ION THINK ITS APPROPRIATE."

"Momma! Pops!" He ran in and yanked me out.

"I'm sorry you had to witness that niggatry." He patted my shoulder.

"It's okay. Where's Diego?"

"Upstairs taking a bath. Why you tryna join?"

I shrugged. "Okay."

"I was playing-"

"I wasn't." I hopped my way up the stairs.

------------------------------------------------------

"Your hair is so soft."

"Everyone always tells me that. I guess it's pretty soft." Diego said, playing with the bubbly water surrounding us.

I wasn't playing when I said I'd join him in a bath. Stokeley won't let me wash with him, so I'll do it with Dee instead. Plus, I got to play with Diego's hair while wet, not many people get to do this.

I leaned over his shoulder, "Can you had me the shampoo?"

"Why? You gonna wash my hair?"

"Yup. Shampoo please." I held out a hand.

"Okay. Can I wash yours after, Seh-Seh?" He asked, standing up to grab the shampoo. He took some conditioner as well.

"Yeah, I don't see why not." I answered.

He handed me the bottles, I sat the conditioner aside and squirted out some shampoo into my palm.

"Close your eyes." I mumbled. He closed his eyes.

I rubbed it in his hair. So soft.

I hummed a tune while I gently rubbed his scalp. Diego just relaxed into my touch.

------------------------------------------------------

"Y'all okay in there?" Stokeley asked through the door.

"We're fine!" I answered, eyes closed.

I'd did Diego's hair, now he was doing mines. What a nice way to spend a Saturday night.

Diego was doing as I was before, humming a tune while conditioning my hair.

"Hey, Seh-Seh?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Yes, Dee?"

"Are we friends?" He stopped rubbing.

"Of course, the bestest. Why wouldn't we be." I asked.

"Last time I thought I had a friend, Taymor yelled at me for being too soft. And Metri said that he's only best friends with Jordan."

I smacked my lips and scoffed. I can't stand them rudy pudy ass niggas.

"Fuck them. They still eat they boogers anyways. I'm here for you." I waved my hand.

"Oh. That makes me feel a lot better." He giggled. "I'll stop talking and finish now.

I nodded.

------------------------------------------------------

"What happened to your hair?" Geneva asked, running her fingers through my hair.

"Diego washed it for me." I smiled at her.

"Aww, that's sweet."

"You wanna feel my hair too, Stokes?"

He looked up from where he was sitting with Diego.

"Sure. I already got a whiff of Diego's curls." He laughed.

He moved Diego off of his lap and got on a knee to reach my height. He started to repeat Geneva's actions.

"Wow, y'all's hair is soft. What did you use?"

"Your shampoo and conditioner."

"Oh really? It ain't never did my hair like this."

"Ion think them chemicals are strong enough to handle them naps." I giggled.

"Hey!" Stokeley laughed and began to tickle me.

I think I truly love this boy. If he 16, I'm 16.

Diego stood up from where he was sitting.

"Tickle fight!" He started to tickle Geneva's toes.

"Hey!" She picked up Diego and slammed him onto the bed, tickling his stomach.

"Y'all cute or whatever." My momma said at the doorway.

"You cute." My dad smacked her ass.

"Rodney!"

-JADA