[fifty one] just a heads up

Stokeley's POV

"Are you sure, and I mean absolutely, sure that you'll be okay by yourself?" Jahseh asked me for the hundredth time since I told him to leave.

Monday had passed so quickly, and Saturday was here just as fast. Alex was on her way over here to teach me Spanish, and Jahseh wasn't having it. He'd spent all morning telling me that he could teach me himself, and to call it off.

"No, Jahseh. I'm gonna wait until you leave to start rubbing and feeling on her." I said sarcastically. Jahseh made a choked noise and I knew I'd hit a nerve.

"Don't fucking play with me, Stokeley. I'll cut you." He said, his eyes started to flicker a dull yellow.

"I'm not playing." I teased. I know that they'll be consequences to messing with him like this, but I'd never seen Jahseh angry. Not even when he was a kid, and a part of me wanted to know.

"Stokeley Clevon Goulbourne. I advise you to shut the fuck up while you still can." He said clenching his fists. His eyes flickered again, this time they held a small glow.

I was terrified, but the fact that he got so angry made me hella amused too.

"Okay, okay. I'll stop. But for real, I swear, nothing will happen. She probably won't even show up today. Maybe Daniel told her that we were just fucking with her." I shrugged, shooting him a smile.

He sighed, unclenching his fists. His eyes went back to brown, but they still had a faint glow to them.

"I know. Not gonna lie though, Dani had a point. Human males do get urges, and because their so fucking weak and stupid they tend to give in. I mean, look at Tyrone. That nigga had about four bitches at one time in this book."

I nodded. "That's why his ass died. But you ain't got to worry about me, I wouldn't do that. One, I love you too much. Two, I don't wanna die. Three, I'm pretty sure Alex was only nervous yesterday because of how you were looking at her."

"What? I wasn't....damn I did look kinda mean yesterday huh?" He said, giggling.

"More like crazy. Had the poor girl shaking. She was just tryna get to know everybody." I shook my head and gave him a friendly punch on the shoulder.

"Well, is that supposed to make me feel bad? Sorry, I honestly don't. I was just showing her what she shouldn't touch. Hopefully she got the message, it'd be a shame for her to have to get skinned." Jahseh grinned.

"Okay. That's enough. Come on crazy, let's go." I said, wrapping a hand around the back of his neck and pulling him forward to the door.

"I'm not crazy, but just know that until I think that she's got the message, I'm gonna antagonize the shit out of her." He huffed. I tightened my grip on the back of his neck.

We had made it to the bottom of the stairs when there was a small knock on the door.

"Jahseh." I warned. I knew exactly what he was gonna-

Jahseh twisted his neck out of my grip and ran to the door before I could stop him.

"Jahseh!"

He glanced back at me and gave me the bird. Rude ass.

He stood on his tip toes and looked out of the peephole. He groaned in annoyance and practically swung the front door open. I heard Alex yelp.

I yanked Jahseh away from the doorway before putting my attention on Alex.

"Why are you here? I hope you don't think that you gonna come and wait until I leave to-"

"Hey, Alex! I didn't think you were gonna come today." I greeted her, shoving Jahseh behind me.

"She's not gonna be cumming today at all." I heard Jahseh mumble. I kicked my foot back and heard him squeal.

"O-oh. Yeah, sorry that I'm late. Daniel was just... telling me some stuff that he thought I should know. It's fine, I'm not here to break up any relationships. I wouldn't do that to anyone." She smiled.

"Mhm. That's what the bitches on Lifetime say, then they fuck anyways, she gets pregnant, and she goes crazy and tried to kill everyone." Jahseh said, hands on his hips.

I elbowed him. "I'm sorry. He's just tired and grouchy. Which is why he was just leaving." I said through gritted teeth.

Jahseh gave me a stink eye. He brushed past me, pinching my left ass cheek. I jumped and cried out in pain. He then shoulder checked Alex, nearly knocking the poor girl over. She reached out and clung to me so she wouldn't fall.

"Oh, sorry!" She apologized, looking up at me.

"It's fine." I smiled, placing a hand on her hip to help steady herself. She stood up and caught her balance.

"You can come inside." I said.

"Oh, thank you." She said. I moved to the side so she could walk past me.

Jahseh was fuming. "Stokeley."

I looked up at him. "Yes, my beloved?"

"Remember." He used his pointer finger to make a cutting motion around his neck. I gulped.

"Yeah, trust me, I remember."

He smiled and blew me a kiss. "Be careful, I might get bored and pop in at any time. All hands and any other body parts better be on separated."

"Of course. Nothing else but that." I agreed.

He gave me one last thumbs up, not looking at me as he walked away before I closed the door.

I sighed, taking a deep breath.

I turned around and saw Alex on the couch taking things like paper, pens, and stickers out of her bag.

"You ready?" I asked, sitting next to her. She nodded.

"Okay. Let's start with the basics. I'm gonna teach you greetings and different ways to say goodbye." She explained.

I nodded. "Alright. Let's go then."

-JADA