[fifty three] little green eyed monsters

Stokeley's POV

After my parents decided that they were gonna go to the hospital right after that little argument, apparently my momma pushed my dad and he fell on his still aching back, me and Alex were planning on watching a movie together.

Like I said, planning. Then, just as I thought, Jahseh came busting down the door. I'd texted him that I was gonna watch a movie with Alex since we were done, and he had only replied with a 'k'. I ain't think his ass was gonna come through like the FBI.

"So what are we watching?" Jahseh asked, scooting between me and Alex. When he started to struggle, he pushed her over. She nearly fell off of the couch.

"Jah!" I said, watching Alex straighten herself.

"What?" He whined. I rolled my eyes.

"Here. You can come sit on the other side of me." I said, reaching past Jahseh and grabbing Alex's hand. She moved came and sat on the other side of me. She almost fell when Jah put his foot out as she passed him.

I was now in the middle. I had a trembling Alex on my right, and a pouting Jahseh on my left.

I sighed and picked up the remote, browsing our film options.

"I'm not comfortable with not being able to watch her hands. What if she's secretly just as much of a perv as Daniel? Not to be rude, but you got some big thighs." He whispered.

"Boy, don't start." I shook my head and mumbled. I heard Alex laugh.

"What the fuck is so funny? I want to laugh too." He said, looking past me at Alex.

She stopped laughing and sat back into the couch.

"Why you gotta act like that? She ain't did nothing." I sighed. Jahseh scoffed.

"I'm making sure she knows not to do shit. I ain't gonna give her the chance to do shit either." He snaked a possessive arm around my neck and pulled my face closer, he then pecked my cheek.

He let me go and cuddled into my side.

"Don't worry about him. This little jealousy spell will past once he realizes that you're just my friend." I smiled at Alex.

"It's fine. I'd be the same way if I was dating someone like you too." She blushed.

"Hold up bitch, what you mean 'somebody like you'? Don't get yo soul taken-" I put a hand over Jah's mouth.

"Thank you, Alex." I smiled back.

Jahseh smacked my hand away.

------------------------------------------------------

"If you hear a baby laughing and you ain't got no baby, why the fuck would you go explore?" Jahseh groaned.

The lady on the screen screamed as she got her throat slit. Alex yelped and buried her face behind me. Jahseh jumped and squared up.

I just sat there, amazed at the effects and makeup. The movie itself didn't scare me. I loved horror movies because of this. The realistic makeup, good quality effects, bloodcurling sounds that give you goosebumps. I was really into the behind the scenes work.

"Is she stupid? Why would you run into the woods when your car is right there?" Alex mumbled from behind me.

"That's what I'm saying. I swear, white bitches and serial killers don't mix well." Jahseh snorted.

The girl on the screen screamed for help, then she tripped over air and fell over. The killer slowly walked up to her as she started crawling backwards.

"Please, don't kill me." She pleaded, tears running down her pale cheeks.

"So you just gonna give up, huh?" The killer asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Why are you doing this?! What type of sicko murders people?!" She yelled.

"Stupid fucking thieving bitch, you should have never stole my motherfucking chicken casserole recipe, Sharon!" He said before he stabbed her three times in the throat. He then proceeded to stomp on her face until it was just a pile of mush.

The credits rolled soon afterwards.

"What the hell? That ending was horrible." Alex said surprised.

"Yup." I replied.

"So, you mean to tell me, that this nigga killed four people, blew up three cars, stabbed two children, a dog, and a hamster over a chicken casserole recipe?" Jahseh asked.

"Uh huh." She replied, squeezing my arm.

"Not gonna lie, that sounds like something yo momma would do." Jahseh said, looking up at me.

"You ain't wrong. She nearly broke my grandma's arm over a cookie dish that she forgot to return."

It was quiet, then Jah started to snicker. Alex pressed her face against my back and started to giggle too.

"That is not funny. She literally put my poor grandma in a choke hole. All over a aluminum foil cookie tray that had holes in it." I crossed my arms.

They both laughed even harder. I smacked my lips and stood up. They both fell over on top of each other and continued to laugh. Alex rested her head on Jahseh's leg while she cried, and Jahseh had both hands holding her close to him so she wouldn't fall while he laughed.

"Y'all, it really ain't that funny. My grandma passed out from a lack of oxygen that night and had to go to the hospital." I crossed my arms.

"Please...my stomach...oh God...stop." Alex said through laughs.

"Sksjskskskksks." Jahseh snickered.

"You know what, I'm going to bed." I sighed.

As I walked up the stairs, I heard the sound of them niggas both falling off of the couch. If anything, they laughed even more.

I thought back on the image of my grandma choking. Bless her soul, but I couldn't help but chuckle. I caught myself and groaned.

"Hey! We hear you laughing up there! See, it's funny! Come back down here!" Jahseh yelled.

"Leave me alone! I'm so sorry grandma." I sighed.

-JADA