[one] it wasn't me

-STOKELEY-

I played with my fingers nervously, looking down at my swinging feet. The chair that I was sitting in would making a creaking noise with every sway of my feet.

I hated the principal's office. Yet I would always seem to find myself right back in here. I'd always promise that it would be the last time, each time obviously never being the last.

But this time, I think that it probably would be the last time that I was sitting in this old chair. It might even be the last time I ever set foot back on the school's grounds.

I wasn't a bad student. My grades were decent. My behavior was like any other young teens, normal.

My fists are what get me in trouble, but today, I think they got me in a lot more trouble than usual.

See, there's this one fatass kid, that would always have some shit to to say about my momma. Like his momma and him ain't built like sperm whales and share the same bra size.

I'm usually passive with him, I ignore him, not because it's the best thing to do, but because I don't speak obese nigga.

Today though, today I had already had a bad morning. My grandma died over the weekend, and my momma been crying all day yesterday. Today was Monday, I hate Mondays on top of all that.

So when his plump body ass thought that it would be funny to talk shit about my momma, saying he 'hope that she die while choking on his gorilla dick' I lost it.

I ain't gonna lie and say I blacked out, cause that ain't happening at all. I high tailed his fuck ass.

Right through a second floor window.

I didn't even see the window behind him, I thought it was a painted wall, but turns out it was stained glass. So when I pushed him, all that body fat broke that sensitive ass window and he fell through, breaking his collarbone, arm, and both knees.

I felt bad, but I will admit to laughing while he was crying and being carried away on a stretcher.

His fatass ain't laughing and saying shit no more.

Anyways, here I am. Looking at my feet waiting for my momma to get here. The principal was trying to lecture me about what I did and how I could have killed the boy, but I didn't care and I told him that.

"My dad always said to only bark if you gonna bite too.
Don't start no shit, won't be no shit."

He didn't say nothing after that.

So now he's just sitting there, and I can feel him staring at me. Probably disappointed, but once again I could care less.

I heard the sound of a door opening and closing, but before I got the chance to turn around I felt a hard slap go across the back of my head.

"Ouch! What the-"

"Boy what the fuck is wrong with you!" My mom screamed at me while taking a seat next to mine. She was still dressed in her daycare attire. Little monkeys and cookie designs were spread around her pale pink scrubs.

"Momma i-"

"Shut up!"

I curled up my body in defense waiting for another hit. It came.

"Ow!"

I heard someone clear their throat. "Thank you for coming Mrs. Goulbourne. I'm assuming that you are aware of today's current...events?" Mr. Brown asked, now sitting up in his seat.

She shot me a death glare before answering his question. "Yes I sure am. Very well aware." She looked at him, then back at me.

I slowly uncurled my body. Thinking that her atten was now elsewhere.

'I'm gon beat yo ass when we get home.' she mumbled.

My breath got caught in my throat.

"Well," he continued, "you should also know that this is very unfortunate to had happened to Stokeley, considering the fact that he is now-"

------------------------------------------------------

"Expelled?! Really Stokeley?!" My mom screamed while she was doing 75 in a 40.

"Momma, you're speeding-"

"Boy, I swear-" she reaches over and slapped me. "Don't say shit unless I tell you to!"

I rubbed my face, tears starting to form in my eyes.

I was taking up for you, why you gotta be so mean?

"You best believe that you gon get yo ass beat when we get home."

"But i-"

"I don't want to hear it!" She slammed on the brakes, causing me to lurch forward. Thank God I had on a seat belt.

She turned to face me. "Do you know that you could have killed that boy." I shook my head.

"You're lucky. All that fat must have acted as a shield or something, his little fat ass got away with a few broken bones but they say he'll be fine in due time."

I laughed at the mention of the words 'shield and fat ass'. I also got popped in my mouth.

"That ain't funny! He could have died! You lucky that they ain't press no charges, because your ass would have been right in the hospital with him when I was gonna put you in there myself!"

It was quiet after that. The gospel music playing softly in the background. The light turned green. She lurched forward. This is why I take the bus.

I was listening Urethra Frankfurter, or whatever the lady's name was, hit a high note, when I heard a loud snort next to me.

I turned to see my momma covering her mouth. She was laughing.

"Lord I'm going to hell, but the face that little boy was making while he was crying. And his momma still got a sloppy build. That's what her hoe ass get for stealing man in the 10th grade. My boy whipped your boy's ass! Take that La'Sheliquinta you fuck ass whore!" She said while slapping the steering wheel. Once again, speeding.

I began to look out of the window, my mom going on about how much of a hoe his momma used to be.

All I could think about though, was that ass whooping that I was about to get. I ain't forget about that.

-Jada