Chapter Sixty Two

Chapter Sixty Two :

I heard a loud beeping noise. I opened my eye lids and looked at the clock on the nightstand. It wasn't going off and I never set it. I gave myself a confused look and then got out of bed. I put my ugg boots on and turned the lights on in the kitchen. No one there. I looked in the bathroom, which was weird because the door was locked and I had to get it open using a bobby pin. Who locked it?

I ignored my question and grabbed an Aeropostale hoodie. I zipped it up halfway and opened the door. I walked out into the hallway and looked around. The beeping continued and then I heard a loud bang. I walked up to Megan's door and knocked. No answer. And then knocked again. No answer.

I pulled out the bobby pin from my pajama short's pocket, then realizing that the doors at the hotel aren't the same as ordinary door knobs. I decided to knock again and I heard something.

"Who is it?" it sounded like Megan.

"Aria!" I yelled quietly, trying not to awake the people in the other rooms. I heard something and then the door opened. Megan stood there, dressed, makeup down, along with her hair, and she had a small frown on her face.

"It's seven in the morning, what do you need? You usually wake up around noon," Megan replied. I could tell she was trying to lie.

"And why are you all dressed up?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest, "If you're leaving, like Lars, then don't."

"Funny, because I'm not leaving," Megan shook her head as she leaned on the door frame, "Can I help you with something or what?"

"Do you know what that beeping was?" I asked. Megan's eyes grew wide and then she looked back into her room.

"Nothing you need to know....or worry about...." Megan's voice trailed off.

"What was it?"

"If I tell you, you must not tell anyone? Okay?"

"I promise," she turned back around and took in a deep breathe.

"I kinda broke the alarm clock in my room," Megan said, blushing a little. I started to laugh. And then Megan looked at me and repeated, "I kinda broke the alarm clock in my room."

"You're joking, right?"

"No, I actually broke the alarm clo-"

"What the heck, Meg?!"

"Aria, don't yell!" Megan whispered loudly.

"Why in the heck of the Earth would you break something in a hotel? You must have been influenced by THEM," I said, "Not that I'm complaining about the alarm clock, I hate those things. Great job, but why would yo-"

"What do you mean by 'THEM'," Megan asked putting quotation marks around THEM.

"The guys," I answered, "But why would you?"

"I am...going to a job interview. So I had to set my alarm clock," Megan said with a fake grin, "I tried to get it in the afternoon, but they said no. Sorry if I awoke you."

"You're fake grin tells me you're upset," I replied.

"Because I am," Megan rolled her eyes, "I clearly broke something that doesn't belong to me, and could get arrested!"

"Don't yell," I smirked, "I'm going back to bed, adios!" I said waking back into my room.

"Au revoir," Megan said in French. Now that, I know. It means bye.

I woke up at nine and got dressed. I texted Kyla, telling her that I will meet her at the hotel she is staying at, and then we could shop or something.

Me: Hey Ky. Im coming 2 ur hotel. U wanna do somethin 2day? :)

Kyla: Sure! Can we invite the guys? :D

Me: Uh...no?

Kyla: Pppllleeeaaasseee!!! :'( I will cry!

Me: Fine!

Kyla: Hooray! :D <3 u!

Me: Ya ya. Save it for ur pillow :)

Kyla: Ur so mean 2 me! Hee hee! :D

I rolled my eyes and walked out of my room.

I was going to knock on Megan's door, but then I remembered her job interview. I continued my way down to the hall. I pressed the button on the elevator and boarded. The doors were about to close when I heard a familiar voice.

"Please hold the doors!" a voice said.

I did as told and an old lady and a bell boy came onto the elevator. The bell boy held some bags, and the old lady held a purse. She was wearing red lipstick and some eye shadow. The old lady. THE old lady, who called Laura and I weirdos, who Louis accused of stealing his room key, when it was in Liam's hand, and who I admitted my feelings about Harry to.

"Oh, hello," the lady fake smiled, "You're that Ariana?"

"Aria," I corrected. I added a fake smile.

"Did everything work out?"

"What?"

"With that crazy boy you like."

"Oh, sort of."

"Sort of? Sweetie, sort of isn't a very good answer."

"I know, but-"

"If things aren't working out between you and him, then talk to him," she smiled, cutting me off. I smiled back. With a real smile. The doors opened and we both exited the elevator and walked into the lobby.

I walked outside and waved for a taxi. It had rained last night, so there were alot of puddles. I tried not to step in any, I didn't want to get my converse wet.

"TAXI!" I exclaimed, like New Yorkers do. A taxi came up. Splashing me. Mud all over me. The perfect way to start a morning.