Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven :

Megan was going overboard with the party. She dragged me to her room and was currently looking through her closet. I had no idea Megan owned so many dresses! Megan wore a pair of pink yoga pants and a grey shirt with a panda bear on it with a pair of ugg boots, so I would never had guesssed she was girly.

I sat on her bed looking around the room. It looked the same as mine, but it was alot messier. There were bras, socks, and shoes laying everywhere. The bed was messed up, the comforter was half off of it and the sheets were all wrinkled.

"Megan, what does housekeeping have to say about your 'masterpiece'?" I asked referring to her mess.

"Nothing," she replied, "There is this one maid, Linda, who is the only maid who cleans my room. She said that the other maids would call the manager and steal some of my things if they cleaned it."

"What about Linda? Does she steal?" I asked.

"No, but I do allow her to wear and borrow my jewelary. Linda is like family to me," she answered, "Sometimes if I see her in the lobby or in the hall with other maids, we tell them that she is my aunt and I am her niece."

"Cool," I laughed, "So how long have you been staying here?"

"About a week," Megan threw a grey dress at me.

It landed on my head, "Nice throw."

"Thanks, I've been practicing," Megan joked. I laughed and took the dress of my head.

"Meg, this looks too sophisticated," I said looking at the dress, "It is not me."

"What? It will go great with your hair and your-" I cut her off.

"I am not wearing this trash," I said throwing the dress back at her. She caught it and laughed.

"Never have I met someone who called any of my dresses trash," she laughed. I laughed too. She pulled something else out and threw it at me. This time it landed beside me. I picked it up. It was beautiful. It was a floral strapless dress.

"What do you think?" Megan asked leaning on the back of the closet door and crossing her arms.

"I-" she cut me off.

"Try the dress on! Vous aurez l'air magnifique" she squealed.

"What?"

"I can speak French, try on the dress! You will look magnificent!" she squealed again. She sounded like Kyla when we went prom dress shopping. I walked into the bathroom and tried the dress on. It looked cute, "Aria, let me see! If you don't, I will speak French again or curse!"

"Hold on!" I yelled back. I looked at myself in the mirror. When I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I felt like I was prom dress shopping with Gabby, MacKenzy, Jenna, and Kyla. But they called it prom dress hunting.I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"OMG! I love it!" Megan said, "Twirl!"

"What?" I asked.

"Twirl! Twirl around in the dress! You look beautiful!" Megan said clapping her hands.

"I look beautiful? For real?" I asked.

"For reals!" she squealed.

"For reals? Really, Meg?"

"What? Twirl! Please!"

I rolled my eyes and went back into the bathroom without twirling. I was about to keep the dress on and just do my hair when Megan knocked on the door.

"What?" I asked.

"I found a new dress!" Megan answered. I groaned.

"Megan, we have to hurry up! I can't try on-" she cut me off again.

"Just try it on!" she said opening the door. I took the dress, it was pink and ruffley. I switched dresses. The light pink dress hugged my upper body and then it poofed out at the waist were the ruffles begin. It had a sweet hear neckline and I thought I looked beautiful in it.

"I love this," I said walking out.

"You look beautiful, Aria," Megan said, "But that dress looks too much for the party."

"What?"

"Take it off and put the other one on."

"But I like this one and-"

"Aria, put the other dress on!" she stared at me with her green eyes. They were sparkling a little bit and I turned around in frustration. I closed the bathroom door, when Megan looked at me like that, it reminded my of my mother. My mother always looked like that when she was angry. I put the other dress on and stepped out.

Megan allowed me to look at her jewelary while she put on her dress. I looked through the jewelary box and found a gold locket she had in there. It was shaped like a triangle, which was weird because lockets are more shaped like hearts, ovals, or circles. Megan came out of the bathroom wearing a purple dress that looked similar to the pink dress with a beige belt on the waist.

"I thought we weren't wearing too much?" I asked.

"Oh, that dress was hideous, Aria. But it looked beautiful on you," Megan said, "When the party is over you can have it."

"For reals?" I mimicked.

"For reals!" Megan laughed.

"Meg, hurry up, we'll be late," I said as I watched her look for some shoes, "I wonder why."

"What?"

"You're making us late, it seems like you are trying to make a fashion statement," I laughed.

"Bloody shut up, Aria!" Megan rolled her eyes and took the locket. She put it around her neck. Did I mention she had a British accent? A real one?

I put on three bangels on each wrist. Megan forced me to try on heels, so I did. It wasn't the first time. When I was shopping with Kyla, she forced me to try on six inch heels. But these heels were three inches. I was a failure, I kept falling.

Megan was wearing heels so I decided to suffer wearing heels too. The heels were tan like the dress, except the floral part. The flowers were bergundy, navy blue, and forest green. Megan decided to do my makeup real fast and she did hers. Then I pulled my brown hair into a side ponytail, but Megan pulled it out.

"You will look better with your hair down," she said. I rolled my eyes, she left her hair down too.

My aunt Melinda told me her butler was waiting for us in the lobby. I grabbed the bag of snacks and we went down the elevator. James, the butler, was talking to a maid when we got down there.

"Linda!" Megan yelled running towards the maid. She was a professional in heels.

"Megan!" the maid said turning around. They hugged. They did seem like a real family, "Why are you all dressed up?"

"Oh, Aria invited me to a party. Linda, this is Aria," Megan intoduced. I smiled and waved hi.

"Well, I got to clean rooms, bye," Linda said smiling at us. James lead us out to the car and we both sat in the backseat.