Chapter Thirty Three

Chapter Thirty Three :

We finished eating the Chinese take out and it was time to open up the fortune cookies.

"Tell me againe why we all have to read our fortunes?" Megan asked breaking her cookie and pulling out the small white paper.

"So Zayn knows that they're magical," I smirked opening up my cookie too.

"They're not," Megan rolled her eyes. Zayn and Megan are almost perfect for each other, why can't they see it?

"Okay, who wants to go first?" I asked. Laura raised her hand and read her fortune.

"Open another cookie," Laura read, she looked up to find all of us laughing.

"See, cookies aren't magical, Nialler!" Zayn shouted.

"They are magical," Niall said putting the cookie into his mouth and waving around his paper, "I'll go next. You will find someone great in your future." Niall looked up at all of us, "I don't get it."

"You will find someone in your future," Liam repeated, "Who wants to read theirs next?"

"I will," I said, "Zayn is the best person alive."

"That's right!" Zayn said throwing his arms up into the air.

"I thought it would say me, but I thought wrong," Harry sighed. I laughed at both of them.

"Does it really say that? Because if it does, it's wrong. It should be Louis Tomlinson," Louis said rolling his eyes.

"I made that up," I said. Zayn rolled his eyes, "Share your happiness with others today."

"The current year will bring you happiness," Megan read hers.

"That sounds like the same exact thing Aria had," Zayn said.

"Because they both say happiness?" Megan asked, "Something you don't have?"

"I have happiness," Zayn scoffed, "You don't."

"The fortune cookie said I do, so ha!" Megan waved her paper in front of his face.

"I thought you didn't believe in what they say?" Zayn asked raising an eyebrow at her.

"I do...now!" Megan said putting the paper into her pocket.

"Pray for the things you want, but work for the things you need," Harry read his.

"You have a reputation for being straight forward and honest," Liam said looking at his fortune.

"That's true," Louis said, "See, Zayn, cookies are magical!"

"Cookies are magical!" Niall sang at the top of his lungs, which caused everyone to laugh.

"Your dearest wish will come true," Louis said looking at his, "My cookie is awesome!"

"They probably just put that down to get someone's hopes you up," Zayn rolled his eyes.

"No, it says so!" Louis said waving his paper in front of Zayn's face like Megan did.

"Get your fortune out of my face," Zayn demanded.

"I thought they weren't fortunes?" Harry asked looking at Zayn.

"They're called that," Zayn rolled his eys once more.

"So, Zayn, you're the last one to read," Laura said, "You're cookie needs to speak."

"Wouldn't it be cool if cookies could talk?" Niall questioned, "You could have a small conversation with them before you eat them. They could even ask for my autograph!"

"Niall, don't get your hopes up," Liam said putting his hand on his friend's shoulder, "Cookies will never talk."

"Maybe to you, but in the future, they will," Niall said looking off into the distance. We all started laughing, except Niall, he was daydreaming.

"Why? Are you going to invent them?" Megan asked.

"Yep," Niall smiled proudly of his nontrue invention.

"Zayn, read yours," I ordered. Zayn picked up his paper rolling his eyes. If he keeps doing that, then his eyes could fall out. Or is that just a myth?

"You seak to shield those you love, and like the role of a provider," Zayn read.

"Zayn's cookie has spoken," Laura clapped, causing all of us to laugh. We all put our fortune slips into the middle of the floor.