74

"You're helping me, I owe you"
Bella Croft

"Where are we?" I ask looking around. "Just come on" he holds my hand and leads up to a wooden door. We walk into a music shop, guitars hung up on the walls, pianos near the back.

"Shawn you're back!" A boy yells walking forward. "Ah and you're Bella. Shawn said you were beautiful" he comes over. He hugs Shawn and shakes my hand.

I move closer to Shawn holding his hand securely. "I'm Mark, I own the store. Well dad owns it but I run it now and your boyfriend had been my number one customer since January. He comes in like everyday. He has stopped recently though- and I'm rambling. I'll stop. You're just really pretty and I'm sorry your Shawn's girlfriend. I'm just gonna be back there. Nice seeing you Shawn" he quickly walk away.

Shawn looks down at me with blush cheeks. "He's nice" I shrug. "He is, come on" he leads me toward a mini black polished piano. He sits down and I sit beside him.

"I have been coming here a lot. I've got my music degree Bells" he grins. "Oh my god. That's amazing" I hug him tightly. "Why didn't you-"

"It didn't matter at the time. You were hurting" he says. I move back understanding him.

"So since I got my degree I've been here since. Well actually I came here after you left for France, I would just sit at the piano" he turns to the keys. "Play whatever and write music or play your favourite songs" he grins placing his hands at the keys.

"It helped me. Calm the pain, I wanted to bring you here"

I lean my head on his shoulder. "I'm proud of you, that's a big thing getting a music degree" he looks down at me smiling. "What do you want to do now?" I ask.

"Write music. Be a producer, have a record label" his eyes shine with ambition. "I hope I'm there to see you when you're famous" I smile.

He grins back at me and holds my face. "That's the first I've seen you genuinely smile"

"It's because of you. Your news made me happy. I'm happy for you" I lean up and kiss his cheek. "What about you Bells? What's there for you?" He asks.

"Play me a song whilst I tell you" I tell him. He nods and begins playing a calm melody. "I want to be a teacher. I want to teach English, read books to kids and help them" I answer.

"I can see you being an excellent teacher" he says. "And I can see you winning awards and writing for the likes of Post Malone or miley Cyrus" I chuckle.

"I see you in my future Bella" he says. "I see you in mine"

He stops playing and takes my body placing me on his lap. His hands go over mine and he places them at the keys, helping me play.

"You're healing, I like this. Seeing you smile again" he kisses my shoulder. He moves his hands around my waist and pulls me into him. I stop playing and hold his hands. "You're helping me, I owe you" I lean back.

"You owe me nothing. If you want though, stay in my life Bella. I can't imagine it without you"

"I'm not going anywhere" I shake my head. I move off his lap and stand up. "Can you play me the guitar now?" I ask. He nods smiling and goes over to the guitars.

We spent an hour more here. Shawn playing me songs, Mark also came over to me. He told me Shawn would not stop speaking of me. Shawn went all shy, his cheeks went pink and he couldn't speak. I giggled looking over at him when I would catch him staring at me.

-
"Where do you want to teach?" He asks me putting an arm around my shoulder pulling me into him. "Maybe a local school, what about you? How do you want this to start?" I ask.

"It's starting soon Bells. I've sent a few songs to Island, to big producers. I'm just waiting for a reply but I hope it's in the new year to be honest. I mean I want a job in the industry maybe not the pop star but when I get the job I want it to be in January so I can spend these months with you and you alone" he says.

"Shawn that's amazing. You're completely amazing and I know you can do it. I've heard your voice it's incredible, your skills in music are unbelievable" I say taking his hand.

"You can too Bells. I'll be here when you get that job"

"I'll be there for you too" I look up at him and kiss his cheek. "Bella do you see us being together? We're not together yet and I want us to be" his eyes meet mine.

"I do. I'm getting there, I know you have my heart completely. I'm yours always just give me time. I promise I'm getting there"

He nods taking my face in his hands. "You tell me when you're ready" he kisses my forehead and pulls me into his chest.

Are we done being mad at me?
I'm making it better! 🤪😌