52

"Can I please talk to him?"
Bella Croft
January 6th

"Hi guys!" I wave to Brian and Jon through my phone. "Hey Bella, hows the city of love?" Brian chuckles.

"It's actually the city of lights" I correct him. "And it's good, I love it here. It's a bit cold at the moment but it's nice"

"I can tell you're enjoying it, made new friends?" Jon asks. "Yeah they're all amazing and part of the program, there's two girls and four boys" I explain.

"Got any action?" Brian smirks. "What? No!" I shake my head. I wasn't about to tell them about my first night here, they were still Shawn's friends and I knew somewhere in my heart that they would tell him.

"Well have you gone bike riding yet?" Jon asks. "Nope I haven't had the chance, I'm starting my classes on Tuesday and I get to do a feminist class"

"Ooo sounds good, do you think you'll stay there?" Brian asks. "I'm coming back in March and I love it here so far but home is home" I shrug.

"Hey I'm back! I got pizza!" It was Shawn he walked passed in the back ground and he looked good. He wore a tight short sleeved shirt and his hair was perfect but when was it not.

"Who's on the phone?" He asks, then he looks directly at the screen. Into my eyes for the first time in so long. I swear my heart jumped out my body when his green eyes met mine.

Then as fast as he blinked he moved away.

"Bella?" Brian asks. "Hmm" I blink quickly focusing back on Brian.

"Do I not deserve an explanation?" I ask out of the blue."Bella don't"

When I saw him a fire started in me.

"Is he still with Kenna?" I ask. Jon shakes his head no. "Can I please talk to him?" My voice breaking. "Shawn?" Brian asks looking away from the screen.

"Bella just leave it" Brian sighs. I nod breathing in deeply. "So tell him to stop calling me to say nothing" he called me several times over the last days, I'd answer and he'd say nothing.

"Tell him to stop commenting on posts or my friends or posting pictures of us" I say harshly.

"He was drunk Bella" Jon says.

"I don't care that's no excuse. He broke up with me, he said he didn't want me, he said he didn't love me-"

"Bella stop-"

"I have the right to be angry and upset Brian!" my voice got a little louder then my head felt a sharp pain. "Woah are you okay?" Josh walks in.

"Who is it?" Brian asks. "Don't call me again if he's there" I end the call then hold my head in my hands.

"Bella" josh coos. He holds my body hugging me gently. "I'm okay" I nod.

"Talk to me" I tell him. "Okay well, are you excited for the classes?" He asks.

I knew he couldn't comfort me like Shawn but at least I had someone.

"Yeah, the feminist one looks great. Each week one of the groups does a presentation on a strong feminist" I tell him.

"Nice, changing the world one person at a time" he smiles. "You know I'm doing a boxing class, it's right after your feminist club... maybe you could come watch" he nervously rubs the back of his head.

"Yeah definitely" I nod. "So you know we both have Monday's off so maybe we could do something together? Go into the city and Jc and Alex are also free so they could join. We could explore France" he grins.

"Definitely" I nod smiling. I take his hand in mine. "How are you josh?" I ask.

"I'm good, I'm truly happy" he nods.

"That's nice to hear" I smile, I caught a pang of jealousy. I want to be happy.

"Josh! Bella! Diners ready!" Roman shouts.

He lets go off my hand then we go downstairs sitting around the table. "Woah Roman this looks amazing" I say looking at the lasagne placed in the middle of the table along with vegetables.

"Thanks, my cookery class is tomorrow so I'm thinking I'll start off with making pizza" he says. "Sounds good" I nod.

"Are we going out to the city?" Alex asks. "Yep, me, Bella, Jc and Alex" josh nods. "Awe I wish I had Monday off but I guess me, Kendall and Roman can go on Thursdays" meg sighs.

"Sounds good" Roman nods.

We all begin eating and talking. I look around seeing how happy each of them looked. Kendall and Meg had their loves. The boys had a passion for something, something they truly loved and I had nothing to love.

But then it was like reality just slapped me in the face. I need to stop sulking around over a boy, a boy who doesn't want me. I'm good on my own. I need to love myself before I love someone and that was now my focus.