6

"You ramble when you're nervous, it's cute"
Bella Croft

I picked up my last bit of sushi with my chopsticks as I listened to Shawn talking about his friends. I put my chopsticks down and take my water chugging it down. I had spent this whole time listening to him and it was good I think. He was an interesting person to listen to and I guess I didn't mind not doing the talking, I never did most of the talking anyway.

"Sounds amazing" I say as he finishes what he was saying.

"I'm sorry" he blurts. I look up at him confused. "I did most of the talking tonight and that's not how this should've been" he shakes his head.

"It's okay. I liked listening to you Shawn" I smile. "I'll pay for this then I'll take you home" he pulls out his wallet.

"I'll pay for mine" I tell him putting twenty on the table. "No no, I got it" he shakes his head putting his money on the table he takes my note and stands up.

I get up following him. "Here" he hands me the money. "Just keep it" I tell him.

He huffs then moves closer to me putting his hand behind my back he puts his hand in my back pocket of my jeans then moves leaving the money there. Then his arm goes swiftly around my waist.

"Thank you" I smile. "No worries" he opens the car door and let's me in then gets in the drivers side.

"What's your favourite colour?" He asks out of the blue.

"I have two, black and white. They're minimalistic" I tell him. "Nice, I love black. When's your birthday?" He asks me.

"February fourteenth"

"Valentine's Day huh" he comments. "Yep" I nod.

"What about favourite ice cream?"

"Cookie dough. What about you?" I ask him. "Chocolate or even mango" he says.

"Favourite flower? He asks. "Black and white tulips" I answer.

"Can you drive?"

"Yeah but I'm a terrible driver that's why I have my trusty bike" I chuckle looking back at my bike. "You must have a nice body"

I choke on my own spit and sit forward at his comment. "Fuck I didn't mean that well I-I did but you know you're beautiful and riding a bike works all the muscles so I'm just assuming that you- but you're beautiful however you are. Oh god I shouldn't have-"

"It's okay" I giggle turning to face him. "You ramble when you're nervous, it's cute" I say bravely. "I'm still sorry though. You know what I meant right? I don't want your body or anything I'm not a sex addict and I'm definitely not asking you for that but you-"

"Just stop" I chuckle. "It's okay Shawn" I tell him. My hand had a mind of its own and I placed it over his thigh. He looked down at it smiling then took my hand holding it. His hand was so big. It was like my hand was a small bird and his was the cage.

"We're here" he says stopping in front of the gates. I look down at my watch. Six twenty five.

"Thank you for today. I had a nice time" I say undoing my belt and I secretly put some money down in the console.

"No problem, maybe we could do it again" he puts his tattooed hand behind his head. "Yeah" I nod smiling.

"I'll help you get your bike out" he then gets out the car and I go over to his side. "Here you go" he puts the bike on the floor by the handles.

"Thanks" I go putting the pin in for the gates and he just watches me. Before the gates open I put my bike down going over to him.

My right hand goes to his cheek and I lean up kissing his cheek. He smiles softly then runs a hand through his hair. "I'll see you soon Bella"

"Yep" I lean down then go back to my bike. As the gates open I walk through then they begin to shut. I look back once more seeing him still stood there smiling at the floor.

"Hi bells" Ryder runs up to me hugging my legs. "Hi ry, what's up?" I ask whilst walking to the shed to put my bike away then we walk in the house. "Daddy made spaghetti it was horrible"

Yeah my dad was the worse cook ever. "You could've called me Ry. I would've made you something. I'll order you some pizza now then ask Olly to get it from the front gate okay and bring me a slice" I ruffle my hand through his hair as I reach my room.

"No sweetcorn" he shakes his head. "I promise" I laugh walking into my room and he runs off.

I shut the door behind me and lean against my wall closing my eyes. Was that a date?

He was so kind, polite, warm and all the other good things.

I did the curtains as it was dark now and got in the shower. The whole time my mind wouldn't fray away from the thought of him. His cheek was so soft. After my shower I got dressed in a black silk pyjama set and get in bed grabbing my laptop I started watching YouTube videos.

As I was dozing off to sleep I heard whispers and taps on my window.

It was eleven o'clock. I pushed my laptop away and got up slowly trying not to make a sound. I grabbed my hairdryer from my vanity holding it like a weapon and I slowly peeked through the curtains and there was another tap making me jump.

Come on Bella just look!

"Who is it?" I ask opening my window slightly then I hide. "Bella!" I hear. That sounded familiar.

I open the curtains fully and there stood Shawn Mendes.