15

"You guys are acting like we're married"
Bella Croft

"Daddy can I talk to you for a second" I ask as I walk into his room. I was fully ready and guests were starting to arrive.

"Of course honey come in" he says. I walk over to him helping him to the buttons on the cuff oh his white shirt. "Your mother always did that for me" he chuckles grabbing his tie once I was done.

"So what's up?" He asks.

"Well you know I'm nineteen now and very soon I'll be twenty, you know that I haven't really been the best with talking to boys and I've never had.... you know a boyfriend. But I juts want to tell you that I'm dating a Shawn. You know him actually-"

"I know Bella" he smiles turning to face me. "You do?" I ask. "Yep, Miss porter told me and that's okay. You're a beautiful, intelligent woman Bella and he looks like one of the good ones" he places his hands at my shoulders.

"As long as you're happy I am too" he kisses my forehead. "Now should we go down? The guests are here and Ryder is probably driving them crazy" he chuckles walking out.

"Thank you dad" I smile. He turns to me smiling then we begin walking down. We go down the grand marble stairs and everything had been cleared at the entrance house, people were talking with each other holding champagne glasses that were being handed out by the waiters.

"Try talking to some people" dad whispers to me then walks away being greeted my a man and woman.

I look around then approach a couple. "Hi, it's lovely to have you here" I smile. "Oh thank you. I'm Karen and this is my husband Manny" she shakes my hand and I shake mannys.

"So nice to meet you, I'm Bella Croft"

"Bens daughter? You're very beautiful" she compliments me. "Thank you, I love your dress. That's my favourite colour" I tell her. She had a simple black dress on.

"You're so polite" she chuckles.

"Oh look the boys are here" Manny says and they both look behind me. I hear male voices approach us and I grow uncomfortable not knowing who it was.

"Mr and Mrs mendes so good to see you!" I then see Brian hug them then Matt and Jon too. Finally Shawn comes into view.

God he looked so handsome. His hair was effortlessly perfect, his face was glowing and he had a beautiful smile placed on his lips. He wore black jeans and a dark red shirt tucked in. Matching with me.

I watch as he greets his parents. "Where's your girlfriend?" Karen asks him. Shawn looks over at me grinning. "You already met her" he chuckles.

"Oh I didn't know they were your parents-"

He pulls me into a hug. His body against mine. "You look beautiful" he says in my ear then places a kiss at my cheek then he pulls back.

"Shawn you're dating Bella?" Karen gasps. "Yeah, I would introduce you guys but you've met" he chuckles snaking an arm around my waist.

"It's so lovely to meet you" I smile at both of them. "You too, Shawn is very lucky" manny says.

After talking for a little while we separate from them and I pull Shawn away from the party to the library. I shut the door and he stares down at me, his eyes glittering.

"You look so incredible" his hands go to my waist and he pulls me in. "So do you, did you purposely match with me?" I chuckle looking up at him, so close to his face.

"Maybe" He nudges his nose against mine and I feel his hands go lower on my back to my bum. I lean up meeting his lips, it was a slow kiss where he'd keep pulling back but his lips were still touching mine. I put my hands at the back of his neck and kept his lips on mine for a good two minutes then I pulled back breathless.

"You're so beautiful" he whispers. I closed my eyes expecting him to kiss me again but he kisses my forehead then hugs me tightly.

"Let's go back to party" I move back and take his hand leading him back to the people.

I grabbed us glasses of champagne handing one to him. He held his glass in one hand and the other was holding my hand securely.

"Bella! Shawn! You guys look wonderful together!" Dad exclaims waking over.

"I told him" I whisper to Shawn.

"Great party Mr Croft" Shawn lets go off my hand going to shake my dads hand. "Please call me Ben" he then pulls Shawn into a hug. "Keep her happy or I'll have to hurt you" he says to Shawn and winks at me.

I chuckle as they pull away, Shawn standing next to me again as dad walks away.

"I won't hurt you" he says then pecks my lips and takes my hand again as we begin walking around. I felt my whole body being consumed by happiness because of him.

"Matt look it's the happy couple!" Brian chuckles as we walk over to them. "You guys are acting like we're married" I giggle.

"Just happy for you guys that's all" he shrugs. Brian then pulls me into a hug. "I'm sorry for flirting with you, we're friends and that's cool" he says so only I can hear.

"We're friends don't apologise" I pull away then hug Jon and Matt too then return to Shawn.

The rest of the night was amazing. Shawn didn't leave my side, he was either holding my hand or had a hand on my back at all times. I loved it like this, it showed that I was his and he was mine. He would also randomly look at me and I would look up then he would kiss me quickly and mumble a compliment only for me to hear.

We drank more champagne and became giddy. The two of us sat at the stairs, he would keep making me laugh by making funny comments about everyone who would walk past. He claimed he kept doing this to hear my 'beautiful laugh'.

It sent a warm fuzzy feeling through me.

___
Do you guys like the book so far?