9

"You look just like your mother when you smile"
Bella Croft

I got away from the noise but my head was aching. I decided to slow down on my bike, I decided to go to the blossom tree and just stay there a while.

Then my head started hurting more. I went even slower and crossed the road to the less busier side.

I glanced to the other side. Was that Shawn?

I couldn't see who he was with only the back of her head. Oh my god he probably has a girlfriend. My heart started racing at the fact he was in my bed last night, next to me. He kissed me on the cheek. Is that cheating? Was I a mistress-

My body suddenly jolted forward. I let out a shriek and fell to my side with my bike over me. My head hit the floor and then it started getting worse.

I winced and held my head in my hands.

"Bella?" I get called. I couldn't open my eyes. "Oh my god are you okay?" The bike gets lifted off of me.

I started crying and whimpering trying to conceal the pain.

"No no no" I kept mumbling.

"Bella look at me" I knew it was Shawn. He placed his large hands at the side of my face. "Come on Bells, you're okay" he says gently but I heard the panic in his voice.

I opened my eyes slowly, he was right in front of me. He was close to me. I felt his breath on my lips. His eyes were focused on mine.

"Sh shh" he pulls me into a hug I let my arms around him hugging him tightly to release some of the pain. "Does it still hurt?" He asks putting a hand in my hair, his fingers gently massaging my scalp.

"I'm okay" I tell him. He holds on to me a few seconds longer then let's go facing me. He uses his thumbs to wipe my tears. "Here" he moves back holding out his hand and helps me up. I keep hold of him knowing my body was weak and my mind wasn't in the right place.

"Shawn is she okay?" A girl says. "She's okay liyah" he says. He move out the way a little and I see a girl. They had similar features.

"This is my sister Aaliyah and this is Bella" he introduces us. I move forward shaking her hand. His sister, it was his sister.

"Nice to meet you" She smiles at me. I have her a weak smile. "You too"

"I couldn't come to the site, she needed me to drop her off" he explains. God why was I so hurt about it.

"And I couldn't text you because well I don't have your number" he says a cheeky smile on his lips.

"Right" I nod. I look down at my bike and his eyes follow. "Here let me take you home" he picks up my bike. "No it's fine" I shake my head. "I'm not letting you go home alone after that" he says walking with my bike.

I follow him silently. "You can sit in the front" Aaliyah says. "Shawn I'm gonna go to mias, she lives around here" she tells him. "Okay tell me if you need picking up" she then begins to walk away.

Shawn puts my bike in then opens the car door for me helping me in. I mumble a thanks and he goes to the other side and drives off.

"Was it a colour storm?" He asks as we reach the gates. "Yeah" I say as we get out the car and he grabs my bike. "Was it bad?"

"A little, I bumped my head too" I chuckle as I open the large doors. He puts my bike down and follows me to the kitchen where Miss Porter was. She sees me and Shawn then leaves quickly.

I grab an ice pack from the freezer putting it to my head. "Where were you headed?" He asks. "To the blossom tree. I was at the site with everyone, your friends. Then it got loud so I left" I explain.

"I'm sorry for how I left this morning and you probably thought I ditched you. I should've bought you breakfast or something. I'm sorry-"

"It's okay Shawn" I giggle at the way he was going on with himself.

"I was doing it again" he shakes his head. "It's cute" I smile.

"Your phone is going off like crazy" he points to the counter. My phone was literally blowing up.

I ignore it and walk over to him. "Thanks for the ride home" he takes my hand squeezing it gently. "Maybe you should give me your number, so that way you can call me if something ever happens" He was so smooth.

"Sure, only for safety though" I say. "Yeah" he nods. A clear smirk displaying his face.

He hands me his phone and I put my number in. "Thanks" he mumbles taking his phone back. "I need to go now but tomorrow I'm taking you out" he says. "You are?" I ask, my lips forming a smile.

"Yep, I'll text you" he leans down kissing my cheek. It felt just as nice as the first time.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I grin. "Sure will" he winks then he starts walking away.

"You look happy Bella" miss porter walks in. "I am" I chuckle.

"You look just like your mother when you smile" she tells me. "And those flowers in your room are pretty" she looks up at me grinning.

Oh my god she knew. "Don't worry I won't tell your dad. Just tell me about the boy" she puts a pot of tea on a tray with two cups. "Let's go outside" she smiles.

I follow her happily. Like a school girl I told her all about Shawn.