5

"Lucky guess"
Bella Croft

I finally changed, after six outfit changes I was left in black jeans and an oversized beige jumper.

"Okay Bella, drink some water, get on your bike, go to the park and he'll be there" I tell myself. I take a few deep breathes then go down the stairs.

"Hey honey are you going somewhere?" Dad asks. "Yeah I'm meeting a friend" I say. "Okay well are you feeling better?"

"Yeah codeine has kicked in!" I chuckle sarcastically. "Well have fun then" he kisses the top of my head then I open the double doors walking outside. I quickly grab my white bike and put a bottled water in my basket then bike up the driveway.

"Hey Olly!" I shout waving. "Hey Bella, off to the park?" He asks. "Yeah, I'll be back soon" I tell him. I wait for the gates to open then I race off but as I got closer I slowed down.

I finally got there and got off my bike walking up with it to the blossom tree. It was mid September now and the pink petals were now falling. I sat down looking around and now I guess I had to wait.

After twenty minutes I looked down at my watch. Four thirty. He's late or not coming.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry" I hear. I look up seeing Shawn running towards me.

"I'm so late and I'm so incredibly sorry" he stops in front of me panting. "It's fine, I just got here" I lie.

He sits beside me and his breathing got normal. "You look pretty" he compliments. "Thanks" I felt my cheeks blush.

"So erm why did you want to meet?" I ask taking my hair behind my ear. "To see you of course" he chuckles.

"Oh" I nod. He wanted to see me? Did he want something? Money? Sex? Drugs? Holy shit I'm gonna get kid napped.

"Are you feeling better? I've never seen something like that" he says. His voice was so gentle. "Yeah I'm good thanks" I gulp hoping the questions would stop after this.

"Was it a panic attack?" He asks. "No far from it" I shake my head. "What was it?"

"Erm we don't need to talk about it. Are you going for the design my dad did then?" I ask drifting the topic to him. "Yeah we are. The guys love it, it's perfect" he says smiling.

"Are you all moving in together?" I ask. "Yep, it's gonna be a total guys place. We all work around there and we're really good friends so it's convenient too" he tells me.

"What do you do?"

"I sing. Nothing serious yet but I'm getting there. I've been going to Toronto's music school, it's pretty chill and I only go in three times a week, three hours a day or even less" He explains. "What do you do?" He ask, his eyes making direct contact with mine.

"I usually tutor kids in English but I'm on a break for now. The agency I work for just send me off to random schools or sign me different kids but now I don't have anyone" I tell him.

"So you work with kids?"

"Yeah, I love it. When they're young their imagination is crazy" It put a smile on my face just thinking about my job. I loved it.

"Do you like what you do?" I ask him. "I love it. Singing and playing the guitar, it's all I've ever dreamed of and sometimes my professor lets me teach a class once a week at a school. The kids are amazing" he talked with such passion.

It made my heart warm that he liked children. I'd love to see him teach a class, see what he was like with them.

"How's living in the manor? It's such a great place to live" he says.

"Yeah it's great" I nod. "Especially in the winter. The snow makes the house look so pretty" I tell him. I feel him move closer and he raises a hand up to my head making me flinch.

"You have..." He reaches up. "A petal on your head" he chuckles showing me the pink petal that had fallen from the tree. I let out a laugh at how paranoid I got.

"You wanna get some food?" He asks standing up. "Depends on what kinda food" I take his extend hand and he helps me up.

"Something tells me you like sushi?" He says hesitantly. "How'd you know?" I ask following him. My hand still in his.

"Lucky guess" he chuckles. I then let go off his hand quickly. "My bike" I turn around.

"I'll get it. We can go in my car" he jogs over to my bike picking it up with ease then he unlocks his car and puts it in the back. Shawn walks over opening the door for me.

"Thanks" I get in and he shuts the door getting in on the other side he starts driving.

"Do you go everywhere on that bike?" He asks . I looked over at him, his side profile was perfect. Perfect hair, nose, jaw and lips.

"Yeah most of the times or the driver takes me if it's far" I tell him. "The driver? Sounds fancy" he woos

"Well I mean I don't ask for him to take me everywhere it's just for my brother, the driver takes him to school and brings him back because dad is working and I'm not used to the driver. I was homeschooled so I don't need it and I had my bike-"

"Bella it's okay-"

"I don't want to seem like a rich spoilt kid because I'm not" I shake my head. "I know" he chuckles. "Let's talk about something else yeah?"

I nod gulping looking down at my hands. I probably made myself look like an idiot in front of this absolute Greek god.