56. Lillian

A/N: I know y'all don't like author's note chapters so I'm sorry about that

Before we continue..I'd like you to know that this story is not my dad's, or my uncles and aunts, or my brothers..this story is my own. As you've grown I've told you bits and pieces, and then we grew apart..I had them lie to you, to hide the truth. This is my story. This is why I had to leave you. 

February 10, 2013 

Pago Pago, American Samoa 

The Hut

The weather was warm, the colors were vibrant, the scenery was beautiful. The hut they stayed in was over the water, and they were surrounded by mountains. The stars sparkled above the island, and forces were lit up along the beach. 

Poppy set her suitcase on the floor and stretched her arms. She smiled when Silas dropped his suitcase and wrapped his arms around her waist. He pecked her lips with a kiss, and she lowered her hands to the back of his neck. 

"You are so beautiful," Silas spoke softly. 

"And you are so handsome." Poppy replied, kissing him. 

February 11, 2013

Pago Pago, American Samoa 

The Beach 

Poppy stood in the water, which was the perfect temperature, the water up to her waist. Placing her hands on hips, she looked at her husband, who sat on the beach in the sand. 

"Silas! Come on!" She exclaimed, pouting. "Come in the water with me!"

Silas looked up away from the sand castle he was building. "I'm building a sand castle!" 

His wife folded her arms over her chest. "Come oooonnnnnnnnnnnnn" she groaned. 

Her husband rolled his eyes and continued to build. "Your phone is ringing." He stated. 

Poppy sighed and walked back to shore, grabbing her phone from the beach towel. It was Damon wanting to FaceTime her, so she pressed accept and his face showed up on the screen. 

"Hey, little sister." He smiled. 

Poppy smiled and sat next to Silas in the sand. "Hey, Damon. What's up?" 

"Not much, you know...just your average Mystic Falls drama."

She nodded. "Oh, how is that thing with that Kai dude going?"

Damon shrugged. "Ehhh it's going. Speaking of, what're you doing in two days." 

Poppy looked at her husband, who had stopped to watch Damon on the phone. "What're we doing when we get back?" 

"I have nothing planned, and it's probably best if we stay away from New Orleans for a little bit." Silas replied. 

Poppy's brother nodded and gave them a smile. "Good, can't wait to have you! We have a lot to catch up on...and if I'm being honest we could totally use your help. Plus, there's some people you should see."

His sister nodded. "Okay, yeah, we'll fly into Virginia instead of Louisiana, then." 

February 13, 2013 

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home 

Mystic Falls was Poppy's home, and though she loved New Orleans, she preferred the quiet and coziness of Mystic Falls. She could do without the drama, of course, but nothing felt better than stepping out of her car and onto the driveway she used to draw dinosaurs on with dear Zach. The cold weather was something she could definitely do without too.