45. Après Moi Le Déluge

French saying: After me comes the flood

Previously on Blood Lust:

"You're not going to let me go." Poppy stated, looking at the girl, who looked back at her.

"Why would I?"

A soft breeze brushed their curls behind their bodies, coming from the essence that bonded their hands together. The girl smiled wickedly before the two seemed to be frozen in time, still as stone.

Now: 

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with."

January 18, 2012 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound 

"You mean to tell me that my daughter has been frozen in this state for days and you are just now bringing her here?" Klaus inquired, his voice low and threatening to Silas,  his eyes narrow. 

"You're right. I left her standing in the bedroom for days in this state." Silas replied, his tone sarcastic. "What do you want me to do, Klaus, apologize? What're we, twelve? Bonnie tried to figure it out," He told him. "but after days of trying we both came to the conclusion that a more experienced witch could help. One that's been learning for 300 years." He looked over at Abigail, who studied her niece. "Something's draining her of her energy. We just don't know what, or how we can stop it."

Poppy stood in the courtyard, her arm extended forward and her eyes staring unfocused ahead of her, glowing blue. Her brown curls were gently tousled behind her back. 

Abigail rubbed her eyes. "All right," she clasped her hands together. "Nik, we'll enter her mind together and get rid of the thing draining Poppy of her energy. When Poppy wakes up, so will we." 

Klaus nodded and looked at his daughter, his expression hardened to mask his fear. "What do we need to do to enter her mind?"

"Lay her down on the floor." The witch told him, walking across the courtyard to the table, where she picked up the container of salt. Klaus gently brought his daughter to the floor and looked back at Abigail as she began to pour the salt around her niece's form in a circle. 

Klaus watched as Abigail dipped her hands in a water bowl and sprinkled the water on his daughter. She held her hands out, palms facing up, over Poppy, standing inside of the circle. The hybrid placed his hands in hers and closed her eyes as she began to chant. 

Klaus opened his eyes, staring right into Abigail's. They pulled their hands away from each other and looked around at their surroundings. The ground beneath them was grass, a bright green and soft. Next to them was a mansion with beautiful gardens, its driveway holding two people. An eight year old girl and a man. They sat on the driveway, drawing with the chalk they held in their hands. Little drawings scattered the driveway, bringing a faint smiled to Niklaus's lips. 

"Where are we?" Abigail inquired, watching as the little girl looked up at the man. 

"The Salvatore Boarding Home. Mystic Falls, Virginia. This is where Poppy spent half of her life."  Klaus said, beginning to walk to the pair.