11. Klaus

April 27, 2010

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home 

Poppy sat on the floor next to Elena, her eyes heavy from waiting all night in the cellar for Elijah to wake up. She yawned, placing the back of her hand over her mouth the cover it. She flinched when the vampire's hand moved against the cool ground. He woke up, taking large breaths for air. The pair rushed to his side, looking down at him. 

"Elijah!" Elena exclaimed, kneeling down. 

He looked at her, then at Poppy, then back at Elena. "Katerina? Poppy?" 

The year is 1492. 

In England, in a large mansion, resides a large party, containing joy filled guests, who found emotional pleasure in each other's company. One of the guests, a vampire named Trevor, was speaking to a Petrova doppelgänger. He smiled and excused himself, walking to a man, Elijah Mikaelson. 

"Ah," Elijah smiled. "good evening, Trevor. I am pleased you could join us." 

Trevor gave the Original a smile. "I could not miss the birthday celebration."

"No, considering the gift you claim to bear. Where is this mystery girl of which you speak?" Elijah inquired. 

"Right this way." The vampire replied, leading Elijah over to Katerina. 

"My dear." Trevor greeted.

The doppelgänger smiled sweetly. "Hello." 

"Elijah, it's me! Elena!" Elena said to him.

"Oh my god." Elijah breathed out to the pair, closing his eyes. He spasmed, getting up quickly while gasping for air. 

"Elijah? What's wrong?" Poppy asked, worried. Elena and her both stood up with him. 

"I can't-I can't breathe!" He exclaimed. "What's happening to me?" He vamped toward the doorway of the cellar, but slammed into it. Poppy rushed over and held him up. 

"I can't..." He breathed out, looking down at the girl holding him up. "I can't be in this house."

"You're not invited in." Elena explained.

"Then get me out of here." Elijah spoke, slamming into another wall. He then disappeared.

Poppy and Elena rushed up the stairs and to the front door. Outside, Elijah was crouching, taking deep breaths. He stood to his full height and vamped to the girls, but he was stopped at the doorway, unable to enter from the invisible force.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Sh!" Elena shushed him, the pair walking over to them. She tapped her finger against her ear, signaling that Damon and Stefan were in the house, and they could hear. "I'll tell you." She whispered. "Not here. Can I trust you?" 

Elijah raised an eyebrow. "Can I trust you?" He whispered in return. 

Elena didn't replied, but held out the dagger. He looked at her before taking it.

Stefan woke up in his bedroom, looking on the other side of the bed. He got up, realizing Elena wasn't in bed with him, and walked downstairs. "Elena!" He called. 

After asking Andie (Damon's "girlfriend") and Damon where she was, he decided to call her. He left a message and sighed, looking around. He raised an eyebrow, seeing the basement door open. He rushed over to it, concerned, which Damon could sense. The brothers walked down the stairs to the cellar and frowned when he saw it empty.