43. I Didn't Want To Be Alone

January 12, 2012 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound 

Poppy stormed into the courtyard, tears blurring her vision. "I'm not talking to her!" She exclaimed, heading towards the staircase. 

"Poppy, wait!" Klaus called after her, carrying a suitcase. He set it down next to a plant. "Give her a chance!" 

"No!" Poppy began walking up the stairs. 

"Poppy Mikenna-" Klaus started, causing her to stop and turn around. "Abigail is your aunt, whether you like it or not. You are going to treat her as such." 

"She has to earn it, she can't just show up and expect me to play happy-family with her." Poppy said. 

"She's already earned it!" 

"Says who?" Poppy asked, stepping down a few steps. 

"Says me. I know her." Klaus said. 

"Well I'm not finding that very credible." Poppy said, resting her hand on the railing. "I mean, do you actually know her or do you know little girl her?" When she didn't get an answer, she nodded. "Yeah, that's what I thought." 

Klaus narrowed his eyes a bit. "Drop the attitude." 

"Drop the attitude? Have you stopped to think why I have an attitude?" Poppy asked. 

"Grab your bag and go to your room. We'll talk when you've calmed down." Klaus said, backing away from the staircase and gesturing to her bag, which was next to a plant. 

Poppy clenched her jaw, her grip on the railing getting tighter. 

"Now." 

With a huff she ripped her hand away from the railing and stomped down the steps and to her bag, picking it up. She turned and looked into her dad's eyes before taking a breath and throwing the bag up onto an upper level, almost hitting Josh, who had been walking out of a room. Klaus brought his fingers to the bridge of his nose. 

"I won't do what you say until you make her leave," Poppy told him. 

Klaus lowered his hand, raising an eyebrow. "Remember your place, Poppy." 

"My place?" She asked, stepping forward. "Like you should talk, you were so consumed in your obsession with breaking the hybrid curse that you forgot about me. Even after that, you made hybrids so that you wouldn't be alone." 

"Where is this coming from?" Klaus asked in confusion. "You haven't seriously been listening to Rebekah and Elijah's foolishness, have you?"

"No," Poppy shook her head. "No. I'm just so angry!" She clenched her hands into fists and groaned in frustration. "Ever since Mr. I'm-Going-To-Torture-My-Best-Friend-And-Then-Try-To-Kill-A-Baby showed up, I've been really really angry." 

Klaus's gaze softened in understanding. He nodded. "I have an idea." He walked towards the center of the courtyard. "Sparring. Rules: you can only use magic twice and no actual harming on my end. Not on purpose." 

Poppy sighed and nodded. "Fine." She walked towards the center and narrowed her eyes.

Josh raised an eyebrow and left the room, not wanting to interfere with father-daughter business as the two began to spar, their grunts sounding out in the courtyard. 

Poppy swung her fist at Klaus, but he caught it and swung her to the side. It took a few moments to readjust before she lunged at him, knocking him over aggressively. She sped to him and pinned him down with her knees on his ribs and her hands on wrists, her face transforming as she bared her fangs and hissed.