41. Autumn

A/N:

Sorry it took a billion years to get this out, I've been sick

For 92 years, Poppy had been without her father and without her true self. Things were going to change. 

The autumn went by happily...kind of. Niklaus and Poppy spent the season glued to each other's sides, doing everything together. Painting, cooking, walking, shopping, hanging out, reading, et cetera. They smiled together and laughed, and sometimes he would comfort her when she cried at night. I'm 

October 15, 2011

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Mansion 

Poppy stood in the living room of the Mikaelson Mansion, aka the once slave plantation. She stood up on a chair and took the push pin that was sticking out  from between teeth, sticking it into the wall and hanging a giant fake spider to it, adding to the Halloween decorations she had going on around the mansion. 

"Is any of this necessary?" Klaus inquired, walking inside with a cardboard box. "People dress like us for Halloween." 

Poppy looked back at Hayley, who was reading a book on the couch. "Do you see anyone dressing up like my dad?" 

Hayley looked up at her and shook her head. "Nope." 

Poppy looked at her dad and shook her head. "No, you're wrong. No one dresses like us. Maybe they dress like Hayley and Elijah, but not us." She teased and hopped down from the chair. "Halloween is the time for a spooky spirit and pumpkins." 

"I have a spooky spirit all year long." Klaus smirked, setting the box down. 

"No, you have a 'I want to tear heads off' spirit all year long." Poppy rolled her eyes. "Is that the safe?" 

He nodded. "Do you have the cure?" 

His daughter nodded and vamped upstairs, then returned quickly, holding the vial. Klaus un-boxed the safe, which was a shiny black color. He entered in the code and opened it. Poppy placed the vial in the safe and shut it with a sigh. 

October 25, 2011 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Mansion 

The mansion was eerily quiet as the sun reached its peak in the cloudy grey sky, crows cawing outside in the orange and brown trees. The fireplace was lit with the glow of warm flames. Near it sat Hayley, who read a book from their library. Elijah stood by the window, drinking a glass of blood, observing the yard and the birds. Klaus sat in a comfy chair, sketching in a sketchbook. 

"It's awfully quiet today." Elijah remarked, turning to look at his family. 

"She's just sleeping in, Elijah." Klaus assured his brother, smudging a small line with his finger. "Allow her to do so, but, if it makes you feel any better, you can check on her. I, for one, am enjoying this quiet day."

Hayley smirked, looking up from her book. "Come on Klaus, we have plenty of quiet days. Sure, she knows how to have fun, but she also knows how to kick back and relax."

Klaus smirked, looking at her. "What are you suggesting, little wolf?"

Hayley shrugged. "Maybe you lot can go out and get me some food so we can have a nice meal together." 

Klaus faked a huff. "Fine. Elijah, if it pleases you, you may wake up Poppy."

Elijah nodded and left the room, looking up the flight of stairs before setting his glass down. He knew Klaus was only joking, he loved it when Poppy was awake. He walked up quietly and stepped over to her bedroom, knocking on her door before opening it.