37. Graduation

Sunlight lit up Mystic Falls, Virginia, bring everything to life. The field of the high school was set up for graduation, which was to take place later that day. At the podium stood Kol Mikaelson, speaking as dead supernatural beings made to their way to the seats. 

"Welcome back. It was our deaths that allowed this day to come to pass – massacres performed in the name of resurrecting the immortal, Silas. Twelve hybrids, twelve witches, the slaughter of innocents by the so-called hero protectors of Mystic Falls. They risked unleashing hell on earth for their own selfish gains. And today, that's exactly what they're going to get." 

Poppy sat at the table at the Mikaelson Mansion, a yellow Type 2 pencil between her fingers. She filled in the final little circle on the Scantron and closed the packet, letting out a sigh of relief. 

"Mom, I finished!" She called out. 

Delevingne had made her daughter take a test that would allow her to graduate, in the early morning. She walked into the room and smiled. 

"Good, we'll take it to the school and show them, and you can get your cap and gown." She said, tossing Poppy her car keys. 

"All right." 

❌❌❌

Poppy stood near the desk of a teacher, Alaric, as he looked at the test answers Poppy had given him, comparing them to the answer sheet. Chewing on her lip nervously, she turned to look at her mom, who appeared more modern now, wearing her hair down in its natural curls and wearing a more casual 1910s dress. Delevingne gave her a smile and nodded. 

"Well, Poppy," Alaric began, causing her to turn her attention back on him. "It seems that you only missed two." He smiled and stood up, opening the drawer to the desk and pulling out a red cap and gown. "Congratulations! You're graduating!"

Poppy squealed in happiness and took the cap and gown, hugging him tightly. She then turned to her mom, who smiled. Delevingne hugged her.

"Thanks, mom."

❌❌❌

Lexi stood in the foyer of the Salvatore Boarding Home, her arm in the air as she rocked out to Bon Jovi, which blared throughout the mansion. Stefan sat on the couch, facing away from her as he sipped his drink. He smiled as his older brother walked in. 

"Damon! Help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation." Stefan greeted as Damon turned off the music. "Hey, you remember my friend, Lexi, of course?"

"Lexi, back from the dead. Goody." He replied sarcastically, though he did feel guilty for killing her. 

Lexi vamped to him and pinned him to the wall, her fingers wrapped around his neck. "What's up, buzzkill?"

"Come on, everyone." Poppy spoke as she walked inside, followed by her mom. "Can we not kill anyone today?" 

Stefan stood up, looking at her. "No exceptions?" He asked, joking. 

Poppy smiled. "No exceptions, because..." She held up her cap and gown. "I'm graduating today!" She announced, causing everyone in the room to smile, the widest smile coming from Stefan, who walked to her and hugged her. "Oh," she pulled away "I almost forgot. Stefan, Damon," she winked at Lexi, who smiled and winked back "Lexi, I want you all to meet my mom." 

Delevingne smiled, walking into the foyer. 

"Oh, sister, I knew you weren't the one who had the idea to take that test." Damon smirked, causing her to roll her eyes. Damon shook Delevingne's hand. "It's very nice to meet you.."