14. As I Lay Dying

Who's ready for the season finale? 

So basically, the chapters leading up to this were low key trial and error, but also they're there to introduce my character and what not. 

Also I'm low key laughing at the people who start reading and then stop because I know it's really bad in the beginning but it gets better 

New Orleans - 1919 

Poppy walked down the hall of the Mikaelson Compound, looking around for her father. 

"Daddy? Where are you?" She asked, her brown curls bouncing as she took her steps. She gasped when arms from behind lifted her into the air. 

"I'm right here, my princess." Her father smiled, holding her. 

Poppy smiled. "Where were you?"

"I was getting your birthday present. Tickets to see Les Huguenots at the opera theatre tonight." He told her. 

May 1, 2010

Mystic Falls, Virginia

The Woods

Niklaus woke up in a forest, naked from his wolf transformation. He looked up at the sun and smiled widely, turning his head when his clothes were thrown at him. Elijah. 

"You've been busy." Elijah remarked, standing by a tree as his brother began putting on his pants. 

Klaus smiled. "That was amazing. How long has it been?"

"Almost 2 days. Full moon came and went. You remained a wolf."

The hybrid stood up and put on his shirt. "I can change at will, then. It's good to know. I remember every single kill."

Elijah nodded. "Yes, I've been cleaning up your little mess along the way."

"Just like old times, brother." He spoke, patting his brother's back. 

"You've had your fun. I believe we have a bargain." Elijah spoke seriously. 

Klaus sighed. "That's right. Now, what was it again? Oh, yeah. Wait. I remember. That's it. You wish to be reunited with our family."

Elijah looked at him. "You gave me your word, Niklaus."

"What kind of brother would break his bond? Even though you did try to kill me, and you were successful in turning my daughter against me."

Elijah sighed. "I could have killed you, but I didn't. As for your daughter, I do apologize for that." He held out his brother's jacket, helping him out it on. 

"And now no one can kill me, not even you. Relax, Elijah. All is forgiven." 

"Where are they?"

Klaus chuckled a bit. "You need to lighten up. I'll bring you to them soon enough."

The pair turned their heads towards the sound of rustling leaves. Standings by a nearby tree was Poppy, still dressed in the flowing black dress. Her eyes were a bit red from crying, and her face held no emotion. 

"You're here? How was it? Turning into wolf." Her father greeted. 

"I'm not here to talk about being a werewolf-witch-hybrid monster, Niklaus." Poppy sneered to her father, who frowned. "I mean business." 

"Well then, state your case." He told her. 

"While we were busy trying to save our friends, which somewhat worked out, but not enough (hence the funeral attire), my brother just so happened to get bitten by a werewolf." She told him. "You're a hybrid, and you're an Original. Surely you know of a cure to save his life."