52. Mistakes

A/N: The final stretch!! Don't worry, there'll be a sequel! Also, I haven't been paying attention to the dates of the Originals episodes bahaha guess what it's a Christmas episode! So Kol and Finn were in Klaus's possession for a few months instead of like a day.

It takes place in my birth state, Arkansas! She 

December 25, 2012

A Small Town in South Carolina 

A Gas Station 

"Come to this address if you want to see Hope." Poppy read aloud from phone   text from her dad. 

"Poppy-" 

The tribrid closed her eyes momentarily. "I know. We can't put her in danger." She let out a yawn. "I've been driving all night, can't we just park somewhere and sleep?" 

Her fiancé gave her a small comforting smile, and he reached over and placed a hand on her thigh. "Of course. Let's get some food and gas first, then we can. You'll need to save up energy just in case." He moved his hand away and opened the car door, stepping out in the cold weather. He looked at Poppy, who had gotten out also, and squinted in the sun. 

"All right, let's do this." She took a few steps forward, then suddenly stopped, placing a hand on her stomach before throwing up a deep red liquid, which splattered on the grey pavement beneath her. She felt Silas place his hands on her arm and back, and she knew he was worried. 

"Is it her again?" He asked as she wiped the blood from her lips. 

Poppy nodded, leaning her head against his chest. "She's trying to kill me.." 

"Maybe we should call your dad, honey." 

"No!" She stopped him. "We can't,"

Silas let out a sigh. "We have to. Esther can't keep doing this to you." He took out his phone from his pocket and helped her back into the car, holding it to his ear. 

"Silas! Long time no hear from you or Poppy. How is South Carolina this time of year?" Klaus greeted on the other end, seeming in a cheerful mood.

"Cold." He replied. "Klaus, we need to talk. It's urgent." 

"Go on,"

"We've been on the run from this Dahlia lady, she's been close behind us but we're starting to lose her." 

Poppy closed her eyes, and Silas got in the driver's seat, still on the phone. She felt tired, nauseous, and dizzy. 

"Yeah, that would be the one." He looked at his fiancée, who held her hand out for the phone. "Hold on," he placed the phone in her hand and started the car. 

With a shaking hand, the tribrid brought the phone to her ear. "Dad?" She asked quietly. 

"Hey, princess, how are you doing? Are you okay?" 

"Other than being on the run since September...grandmother's been trying to kill me." Poppy leaned her head against the window. "It's not fun." 

"I want you to meet me at the address as soon as possible." 

Arkansas 

Mikaelson Safe House 

"Curse on the first-born?" Rebekah asked, standing outside with her brothers and Hayley. "What the bloody hell is that supposed to mean?" 

"Well, according to Finn, our sister Freya didn't die of plague. She was taken as payment by our aunt Dahlia, who then cursed all Mikaelson first-borns for eternity." Klaus answered, seeming troubled and worried. He needed to see his daughter.