18. Idiots to Wake Him

August 28, 2010

On the Road

It was cold and windy, the skies lighting up with bolts of red and orange lightning, followed by a bang and rolling thunder. The trees swayed and groaned, branches occasionally falling. Footsteps pounded against the ground, snapping twigs and crunching leaves. The girl ran, taking panicked breaths, occasionally turning her head to look behind her at the man that followed. 

The car ride was silent. Klaus sat behind the wheel, his eyes focused on the road before him. He was angry and scared. Rebekah sat next to the other window, looking at the trees that blurred by. Resting against Rebekah's arm was the youngest Mikaelson, who was trapped in her frightening slumber. 

She let out a whimper of fear, turning her head the slightest. Klaus looked over at her, frowning. 

"I've got it, Nik. Eyes on the road." Rebekah spoke softly, looking at her niece before entering her dream. 

Poppy came to a sharp stop when a tree fell in front of her. She took deep breaths, turning around and facing Mikael, who held a sword. 

"Please leave me alone." Poppy pleaded. 

Mikael scrunched his nose in disgust, raising his sword. Poppy closed her eyes, a tear slipping down her cheek. 

"No!" Rebekah gasped, pushing Mikael away and pulling Poppy close to her. Dream or not, she didn't want him to hurt her family again. 

The scenery changed to a waterfall and pond. Birds chirped happily, and nearby there was a deer. 

Rebekah looked down at her niece, stroking her hair gently. "You can open your eyes now, sweets. You're safe." 

Poppy opened her eyes, looking around, but still in her aunt's embrace. 

"She was dreaming of Mikael." Rebekah spoke to her brother, her eyes closed. 

Klaus gripped the steering wheel tighter, his knuckles white. 

"She's safe now. She's at a quiet waterfall." She said softly. "He was going to kill her, Nik. And she was going to let him." 

Klaus frowned, his heart breaking. 

"She's no longer dreaming." Rebekah opened her eyes, pulling her niece closer to her. 

September 5, 2010

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Mystic Falls High School

The room was dark and quiet, except for a few voices here and there, and the sound of breathing. The group was under a time schedule, and they had a lot more traps to set up. This was the night they all had been waiting for. The element of surprise was key for this. If they slipped up it'd be over.

Poppy crouched low on the floor, carefully placing a small trap on the floor. "Tyler, I need another." She whispered, knowing he could hear her. 

"I'm a little busy." He whispered back, setting up his own traps. 

"Tyler, come on." Poppy sighed. "I just need one more."

"Tyler, for the love of God, give her the trap so she can finish her section." Caroline snapped from the other side of the room. 

"All right, all right." Tyler rolled his eyes, tossing her a trap, which she luckily caught. 

"Tyler Lockwood!" Poppy whisper yelled. "This whole thing could've been ruined if I didn't catch that."