34. Kol

April 27, 2011

The days had been calm in New Orleans. The sun rose and fell without incident, without bloodshed. 

The room Poppy had been staying in was close to empty. The walls were a soft shade of blue, and the floor was a comfortable hard wood. On a bed was wear she sat, her wrists and ankles chained to the wall, at her request. 

Though the days were indeed calm, there were times where Poppy was different. She would be angry at everything, scary even to some of the vampires that were told to observe her. She wasn't her. She was a monster. Some of those times Marcel had to step in and calm her down before she hurt herself or others. 

Of course Cami was aware that Poppy had found a new home. However, Marcel compelled her to forget about the murders and the supernatural.

The given day was a more calm day. 

Poppy sat on the bed, the heels of her bare feet pressed together, her eyes closed in meditation. She took a deep breath, then released, and repeated this action. She imagined she was on a white sand beach, the small rushes of water just barely caressing her toes. The wind brushed through her brown curls, flowing behind her. 

She opened her eyes when her phone began to ring. She looked over at it and reached forward, bringing it to her ear. 

"Hi, Dad." She smiled.

"Hello, my princess. How's New Orleans?" 

"New Orleans is great! I love hearing the music throughout the day. How's Mystic Falls?"

"It could be going better.  There's this 2000 year old guy named Silas running around on a suicide mission." 

"Oh wow, someone older than you?" Poppy faked her surprise of the situation.

"Something tells me you already knew."

"Wellllllll..." Poppy replied, "I have been talking to Stefan lately."

"Right." 

Poppy smiled, though her dad couldn't see it. Marcel stepped into the room, holding a change of clothes. 

'We're going out.' Marcel mouthed to her. 

Poppy nodded. "I gotta go, Dad. I'll talk to you later." 

"All right. Love you."

"Love you too, Dad." She hung up and set down her phone. "Where are we going?" She asked Marcel.

"To a park I know." Marcel told her, setting the clothes down on the bed and pulling out a key from his pocket. He unlocked the cuffs that restrained her wrists.

❌❌❌

Poppy stood in the grass of a field, looking at different trees and wildflowers. It was a quiet area. No one was around, the breeze brushed leaves together ever so slightly, and there was a little bird chatter. 

"Poppy," Marcel turned to the girl. "I came here because it's secluded and calm. I wanna see what's making you so angry."

"And I told you that I don't know." Poppy let out a sigh, turning to face him. 

"I know. But, I need to dig deeper." The vampire said, placing his hands on the side of her head and closing his eyes, going through her memories. Despite her resistance, he found a locked door of memories. He furrowed his eyebrows and pried it open.

January 2011

Mystic Falls