49. Every Mother's Child

A/N: I watched the Originals series finale, cried for 30 minutes, then laid there in my bed thinking about how I just watched the male version (I'm not kidding--Klaus is the first person I have ever seen that made me feel like I wasn't alone. And that says a lot) of me die. It's now been several days and I still cry about it. ALSO--I'm going to edit the music playlist for this so that each song correlates with each chapter 

September 3, 2012 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Apartment

The room was warm, and the moon was shining in. The candles on the dresser were lit, and a record player played soft piano music, the sound filling the room. 

Poppy was sitting on Silas's waist, her fingers intertwined with his, and her hair creating a curtain over her cheeks. His hands rested on the back of her neck, bringing warmth to her skin. She looked down into his brown eyes and leaned down, brushing her lips against his. 

"The blood on your shirt..." Silas broke the kiss. "What happened?" 

"Don't worry about it," she whispered, placing a kiss on his cheek. "it's not important." 

Lie. Poppy was scared out of her mind, she wanted to hide, to run far away. But she had Silas, she had his comfort and his love. She didn't want to ruin the night, so she had lied to him. However, Silas was indeed her fiancé. 

He knew when she was lying. 

"Poppy," Silas sat up with her in his lap, leaning his back against the headboard. He caressed her cheek. "tell me," 

The Mikaelson let out a soft sigh, leaning her cheek into his hand. "It was Mikael." 

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, brushing her curls behind her ear. "That can't be possible, he's dead."

"Silas, so were you."

September 4, 2012 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound 

It was early, around 6 AM, when Poppy opened the doors to the compound and walked inside followed by Silas. She wore a white t-shirt and pajama shorts, wanting to take a lazy day with her fiancé. She smiled, happy, and she saw Hayley at a table of breakfast foods and fruits. 

"Good moooorning!" Poppy sang, hugging the hybrid from behind and resting her chin on her shoulder. 

Hayley smiled, but held a look of confusion. "You're happy." 

The tribrid pulled away and looked at the array of fruit, reaching forward and grabbing a strawberry. "Why shouldn't I be?" She asked. "I know that my evil grandmother and grandfather have returned from the dead but so did my fiancé." 

Hayley looked at her then turned around, seeing Silas, who had laid down on the couch in exhaustion. The pair had stayed up the whole night talking, so he didn't get any sleep. 

"What did you do, talk his head off?" She smirked, looking back at the breakfast. 

Poppy smiled. "That's exactly what I did. Is that bacon?" She asked, looking at a plate at the end of the table. Surely enough, it was. She looked at the card behind it, and she picked it up. "Look there's even a card. 'Specially made for Poppy'." She set it down and grabbed a piece, sticking it in her mouth and smiling with satisfaction. 

"This is quite the breakfast." Hayley remarked. "I assume it was your dad who planned all of this." 

The girl nodded. "When I was little, he would compel the best chefs of New Orleans to makes feasts and feasts of food for me. It was amazing."