9. Fear

April 8, 2010 

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home 

Stay away from Klaus. -M 

Of course she would, it was a no brainer. Big evil guy wants to kill her friends, stay away from him. Her main question was who the text was from. She grabbed her phone again and replied. 

Who are you?

After she sent the text, she stood up, looking around. She gasped, realizing something. Her father was a vampire. That was the only way he could get into her dream. She took a few deep breaths, running downstairs and bumped into Elena's doppelgänger. 

"Watch it, speedy." She rolled her eyes, following Damon to the door. 

"Sorry!" She exclaimed before rushing out of the room. 

Katherine turned to Damon. "Did she just apologize?" 

Damon raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't question it." He said, walking outside. 

Poppy ran into her art room, running to an easel. She tossed a large canvas onto the wooden frame and grabbed a paintbrush, slapping strokes onto the surface. She painted for what felt like an hour, finally finishing. She stepped back and wiped sweat from her forehead, looking at the portrait. 

"Not too bad," she muttered to herself. 

She flinched when a voice spoke from the doorway. "Who's that supposed to be?" Her brother asked. 

"My father..Stefan," she replied, turning to look at him. "he visited my dream. He's a vampire." 

Stefan frowned. "Did he say who he was?" He asked, walking to her, not questioning her judgement. 

Poppy shook her head. "No." They both looked at the painting. 

"Family gathering, I'm digging it." Katherine spoke, walking into the room. "Damon just rejected me so I'm bored." 

Poppy rolled her eyes, and so did Stefan. 

"What're we looking at?" The doppelgänger asked, walking over to stand next to them. She paled at the sight of the painting. "Who is this? Why him?"

"My father." Poppy replied. 

"And you're sure of this?" 

Poppy looked at her. "Yes. Do you know him?"

"Uuuhhh. That's for me to decide and for you to dot dot dot." Katherine replied, slowly leaving the room. 

"Katherine!" Poppy called out, not really feeling the need to go after her. 

"Did she just pull a Damon?" Stefan asked. 

Poppy thought for a moment, then smirked. "I think she did." She pulled out her phone and took a picture of the painting. "That's one step for Poppy, one leap for the Poppy Inquiry."

Stefan ruffled her hair and pulled her into a side hug. "Go to bed." 

"Okay." She smiled, kissing his cheek. "Goodnight, Stef."

"Goodnight, Poppy." 

April 9, 2010

Poppy stood near the parlor, the sun peaking behind the trees and into the house. She brushed her teeth, looking tired. Her brothers walked down the stairs, mid conversation. 

"Isobel just showed up at their front doorstep." The middle brother spoke. 

"Isn't Isobel Elena's vampire mom?" Poppy asked, almost incoherent with the toothbrush in her mouth.