32. The Vampires of New Orleans

This is no longer her face claim but this is how her eyes glow.

March 24, 2011

Poppy had made a life for herself in New Orleans.

She lived with Cami, who had gotten her a job at Rousseau's Bar as the nighttime singer. During the day, she visited different parts of the city, meeting new people, learning everything that had happened after she left. She was happier, and there was no drama.

At the given moment, Poppy was stepping off of the stage of the bar, having finished a performance. She grabbed her bottled water and twisted off the lid.

"That was wonderful performance." A voice spoke from behind her, and she turned around. It was Thierry.

Thierry was one of her vampire friends, the other one named Diego, who she had met there at the bar. They knew that she was a werewolf, and a witch, and they advised her to not use magic for the time being because it could hurt the witch that detects when other witches use their magic. They also knew she was a Mikaelson. But what Poppy didn't know, is that Marcel was still alive.

"Well, with your talent, Thierry, you should get on the stage yourself." The hybrid told him before taking a drink of water.

Thierry smiled, lifting his signature cap off of his head and fixing his hair before placing it back on. "Maybe someday, princess."

Poppy smiled, twisting the lid back onto the water bottle, beginning to walk. "Where's Diego? Usually you two are stuck to each other like glue."

"Diego had to run an errand for a friend." He said. "He sends his regards." He told her as they walked to the exit. He opened the door for her.

"Thank you." Poppy spoke as she left the building. She walked down the sidewalk with her friend, looking around. A question suddenly arose. "Thierry, how come every night you and Diego walk me home?"

"Because you're our friend, Poppy. And a werewolf. The other vampires here don't take kindly to werewolves." Thierry explained, walking beside her.

Poppy let out a sigh. "Right,"

"Don't take it personally, princess." He said. "They don't like you because they don't like the other werewolves in this area."

"Other werewolves?" Poppy furrowed her eyebrows, stopping. "This is the first time I'm hearing of other werewolves."

"Because they all live in the Bayou. You, Miss Mikaelson, live in vampire territory." Thierry turned to her. "The werewolves aren't that kind, they kill innocents. So, whatever thoughts you may have running around that head of yours of going to see them, get rid of them." He sighed at the look of disappointment on her face, and held out his hand for her to take it, which she did. "Now, let's get you home."

❌❌❌

Poppy woke up in the morning, turning onto her back. Sunlight poured into the room onto the bed where she laid, and with it, blood. She sat up, rubbing her hand against her face, pulling it away when she felt it was wet. Looking down, she gasped, getting up swiftly. Her bed was soaked with blood, along with her hands. Some blood was smeared on her face and lips. She pressed her hands along her night gown, which covered her body, in search for wounds, but she didn't find any. She took deep breaths, turning to be face to face with a dead body, which was pinned to the wall, their dead eyes staring into hers.

She covered her gaping mouth in horror, her other hand over her abdomen. She backed up to the door before turning and opening it. She stepped into the hallway and shut the door, walking down the hallway.