53. Wedding Part One

A/N: does the language on wattpad (except for stories) ever just become French for you guys or is it just me? Um literally everyone at work was having a bad day today

January 1, 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana 

A Dress Shop 

Poppy stood on a marble platform, staring at herself in the mirror as a tailor adjusted the white dress she wore; a dress with a sheer top and small flowers, with a flowing skirt, also decorated with flowers. 

On her face was a small frown

On her face was a small frown. Yes, she was getting ready for her wedding, but she had been doing it alone for her part. Her mother was dead, Hayley was preparing for her own wedding with Jackson (for the purpose of passing on her ability to turn at will to her pack), and Rebekah was missing. Her grandmother was wicked, so she was out of the picture. Despite the circumstances, she kept her tears at bay. 

"Usually people are happy going wedding dress shopping." A voice spoke from directly behind her, unable to be seen from the mirror. "Especially if you're Caroline."

Poppy turned around to see Miss Elena Gilbert, and she smiled. "Elena!" She exclaimed, shooing the tailor away just as they finished, and she stepped off of the platform. 

Elena smiled, walking to her and hugging her tightly. Poppy smiled, closing her eyes. 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound 

"Hayley's wedding works in our favor. Newly-empowered and ruled by her, the wolves will be an asset to our family." Klaus spoke into the phone, holding a knife in his other hand, cutting up limes at the bar room. 

"Yes, assuming you're willing to trust Jackson with our secrecy. I must confess, brother- I'm a little surprised to find that you do." Elijah sounded on the other end 

"Well, my faith in Jackson is a means to an end." His brother said. "If I had simply killed him, Hayley would have turned against me." He held up the knife and gestured with it, as if Elijah could see him. "You should have seen the ferocity with which she defended him. It was impressive. That said, I don't take the matter of secrets lightly. Once the wedding takes place and the wolves are forever altered, well, Jackson's fate becomes a little less certain." He smiled, hanging up and setting down his phone, then set down his knife and left the bar room just as his daughter and her friends entered the courtyard. He smiled. "Poppy!" 

Poppy smiled, carrying a dress, which was in a bag, in her arms. She looked at Elena, Caroline, and Davina, who all carried their own dress bags, with their bridesmaid dresses. "You guys can bring those to your rooms, Davina-" 

"I'll take your dress to my old room." Davina said, smiling and taking the dress from her arms. "And, I will show Caroline and Elena to their rooms."