2. Brother Part 2

Wow it's about time I published another chapter. I hope y'all enjoy this one, as much as I enjoyed zoning out and daydreaming about Elijah Mikaelson. Be sure to comment below your thought and don't be afraid to hold back any criticism!

Mia didn't realize how high she was until she came down quickly after the attack of Vicki Donovan. 

September 7, 2009

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

Mystic Falls High School 

Mia stood in the woods near Mystic Falls High School, taking in the scent with closed eyes. She was trying to clear her mind, which was swarmed with thoughts of her meeting with Elijah. She ran her fingers against the rough shell of a tree, changing her thoughts to think of the tree and how it felt against her skin. The leaves brushed against each other as a small breeze blew into them calmly. She listened as a twig snapped on the ground, and she turned around. 

It was a boy. "I'm sorry, am I interrupting?" 

"No," Mia replied. "not at all." 

"Cool." The boy said, leaning against a tree across from her. He pulled a crumbled box from his pocket and, with calloused fingers, pulled out a cigarette. He lit it with a lighter and held it between his fingers. "My name is Jeremy, I haven't seen you around so you must be new." 

She nodded. "My name is Mia, and yeah today is my first day." 

"Was it as fun as you thought it'd be here?" He asked her, inhaling the contents of his cancer stick. 

"Not really." She said with a small sigh. 

Jeremy chuckled and extended his hand forward, the cigarette between his fingers. "You sound like you need an escape." 

Mia scoffed and took the cigarette. "I definitely do.." She told him before placing the cigarette between her lips. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She coughed, taking it out and handing it back to a smirking Jeremy. 

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked her. 

"My brother's been lying to me basically all of my life and I just found out from someone else," she told him, coughing quietly. "What's your excuse?" 

Jeremy sighed and took a breath of the cigarette. "My parents died in a car accident, and I almost lost my sister." 

She frowned. "I'm sorry. I know what it's like to lose your parents." 

"You too, huh?"

Mia nodded. "Unfortunately, yes." She looked at her watch. "I should get going before he realizes I'm not in school." 

Jeremy looked at her. "Will I be seeing you at the bonfire?" 

"What bonfire?"

"Oh, it's a party to start off the school year. You should come." Jeremy said. 

She thought for a moment. "All right," she answered before walking back to the school. 

September 8, 2009

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Salvatore Boarding Home 

Mia stood in front of her mirror, turning to examine herself from different angles. She adjusted her tank top and smiled at her reflection. Her eyes moved to look to the figure behind her reflection. 

"Elijah," she greeted, turning around to look at him. "Fancy seeing you here." 

"Hello, Mia. Have you spoken at all to the doppelgänger?" Elijah asked, sitting on her bed.