31. I Love You, See You Soon

Okay wow how did I get this many reads????? This is amazing!! Thank you all so much!

Question, how long does it take for y'all to read one of the chapters?

Poppy woke up groggily in the afternoon, the room filled with light. Her gums ached from what Connor had done, and her throat was still sore from the wolfsbane. 

She stood up and walked down the stairs of the mansion, wearing her clothes from the day before. She was still tired from all the drugs, which hadn't completely left her system yet. She made her way to the living room and flopped onto the couch. 

"Welcome back to the land of the living, my love." Klaus spoke to her, walking into the room and pouring himself a drink. 

"There is no cure for vampirism." Stefan said as he entered the room with Rebekah.

Rebekah let out a sigh. "He's telling the truth, Stefan."

Poppy made a small noise as Klaus, who held a slight smile on his face, ruffled her hair. 

"Then why wouldn't you have searched for it, found it?" Stefan inquired, sitting next to Poppy and pulling her into his side. 

Klaus took a drink. "Because when the hunters drew their final breath that night, the marks disappeared from their body, the map was gone, the brotherhood of the Five extinct. For nine hundred years, there was not a whisper of another hunter, until our friend in there showed up in town."

"Well, now we have the map, what do we do next?" Rebekah asked. 

"We don't do anything." Klaus said. "You can't be trusted, little sister. You'll be blabbing this secret to the first boy who calls you pretty." He turned to Stefan. "I mean, it's pathetic, really, isn't it? How she continues to hand her heart to any man who shows her a hint of affection. You'd think she would have learned by now from the endless cycle of disappointment and deception."

Rebekah huffed. "But, I haven't, instead I stayed with you and let you leech every moment of happiness from my life!"

Poppy frowned as her aunt continued. 

"You know, at least I fared better then Finn, Klaus left him daggered because he was tired of his judgment." 

Klaus shook his head. "No, Finn was a dullard. He was more interesting lying in a box." 

"You want the cure for Elena, don't you? So you can go back to mass producing your hybrids. That's why you brought Stefan here, because you knew that he'd help you even though he hates your guts!" Rebekah exclaimed. "You know what? You can shove your cure." With that, she left the house. 

Poppy let out a tired sigh, her head resting against Stefan's chest. 

"How are you feeling?" Klaus asked after a few moments, walking to the couch and sitting down with them. 

Poppy kicked her legs up on his lap, so that she was laying down. Her head rested on Stefan's lap, and he stroked her hair.

"Like I could sleep for a hundred years.." She replied, her voice quiet and a bit slow. "And my throat hurts,"

Klaus rubbed her leg, setting down his drink. "The drugs will pass through your system soon." He told her. 

"Hm," she sounded, closing her eyes. 

❌❌❌

Around a week later. 

Poppy stood in her bedroom, zipping up her suitcase. Behind her stood Klaus, his arms folded over his chest. 

"Stefan and Damon are waiting outside. And you're hovering." Poppy informed him. 

"I'm watching my only daughter finish packing so she can leave." He told her. 

Poppy let out a sigh and turned around. "Dad, it's bound to happen at some point. Unlike you, I can't live forever. I want to live life like a human, before that's ripped away from me." 

Klaus frowned. He had never thought about her short lifespan. He looked away, his eyes glistening. His daughter frowned and walked to him, hugging him tightly. 

"I'm sorry.." She whispered as he wrapped his arms around her. "I went too far."

"But it's the truth," he said. "I hope you have an amazing time. Find someone who loves you, lose yourself in the music. It's a very lively place." He rubbed her back.

"This isn't goodbye, Dad." Poppy smiled, pulling away. "It's a see you soon, because like it or not you'll come running back to me."

"Don't flatter yourself." Klaus smirked, causing her to smile more. She walked to her suitcase. "I'll see you soon, Poppy." 

Poppy kissed his cheek. "I love you, Dad." She spoke before speeding out of the house with her suitcase. 

❌❌❌

Poppy smiled, breathing in the familiar air of New Orleans. She stood on the sidewalk next to Stefan and Damon, who observed the surroundings. Bourbon Street was limited to foot traffic only, so she didn't have to worry about cars running into her. 

She was finally home.

I'm so sorry that this chapter was short. 

I skipped the week about the Five and what not because it'd be hard to incorporate Poppy into it. 

Plus, I'm really excited to shove her into The Originals. 

Who do you want her love interest to be? 

Will she remember her run in with Marcel a while back? 

What will she do when she sees Marcel?

Feel free to comment!

Friendly tip for the night: don't be stupid. I'm very allergic to cats, and my reactions are unpredictable. Sometimes it'll be swelling of my eyes, my throat may swell, but this time it's cold like symptoms and it sucks. However, I do love my brother's kittens, my nieces, and I'm willing to be stupid. But it was stupid. Don't be stupid like me. It's not fun.