15. If That's What It Takes

The summer of 2010 seemed to pass by without notice. Stefan and Poppy were tagging along on Klaus' journey to create hybrids along the east. Stefan was pushed to be a Ripper, and he tried with every fiber of his being to not rip Poppy's head off whenever he craved blood. Klaus spent time trying to earn Poppy's forgiveness and love; buying her things, taking her to places, making her favorite breakfasts, throwing her parties, teaching her to do her magic, etc. The first month she had only called him 'Klaus'. She was still mad about what he was doing to Stefan, but she slowly began to understand. He always spoke about Stefan as if they were old friends. Perhaps they were. She realized he was doing all of this for family and for love. That's when she began calling him 'Dad' again, and began to smile with him. She didn't want to waste her time being angry. 

June 12, 2010

I Don't Know Honestly 

Some Hotel

"All right, now all you have to do is bring the flower back to life." Klaus told his daughter softly. 

The two stood in a hotel by a table, both looking at a dead sunflower. Poppy nodded, holding the sunflower in her palms. She closed her eyes, feeling the power flow from her arms and into the flower. The shriveled state of the petals began to turn yellow, and were rejuvenated.

"That's it, love, just a little bit more." She heard her father say. 

Poppy gave it a little more power, but then felt it shrivel up again. The power that flowed through her was then dark, but it felt amazing. 

"No, stop!" Klaus exclaimed, taking the now dead flower and setting down. 

Poppy opened her eyes and frowned, watching as her black veins returned to normal. 

"You need to stop doing that." Klaus said, looking at her. 

Poppy looked at him, letting out a sigh. "It's not like I'm trying to."

"Dark magic isn't good for you, Pops." Stefan spoke from the bed, reading a book. 

Poppy looked at him, her face transitioning to a look of annoyance. "I told you, I can't help it. It just happens."

"Well, I guess we'll have to try again." The Original Hybrid told her, placing the wilted flower back in her palms. 

Poppy huffed. "Dad, we've been at this for an hour." 

"And we're not stopping until you get it, or until you can't do it anymore." He replied. "Now. Again." 

Poppy sighed, closing her eyes. She rejuvenated the flower, and tossed it onto the table when she felt the dark magic return. She opened her eyes, huffing when she saw her dark veins. She walked to the bed and grabbed the car keys from next to her brother. 

"Where are you going?" Stefan asked. 

Poppy slipped on her shoes. "I'm going to the gas station to fill up the car. We'll need it for tomorrow." 

Klaus sighed. "Might as well get us dinner while you're out." He told her, placing money in her hand with a cocky smile. 

Poppy gave him a playful glare as she stuffed the money in her pocket. She opened the door. "Love you!" She told them as she walked outside. She dropped her smile and walked down the hall to the exit. She walked to the car and got in the driver's seat. 

"Why do you resist it?" A voice asked. 

Poppy flinched, startled. She looked in the passenger seat, seeing the witch from The Other Side. She had started taking herbs so she could see her, since they talk a lot. She rolled her eyes and started the car.