50. Casual Torture Between Family

A/N: what holiday did you or are you going to celebrate?

I'm currently working on fixing my previous chapters to match the style of the more recents ones, but I also want a new chapter out. 

September 5, 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound 

"Brother!" Elijah Mikaelson yelled as he entered the courtyard, where several werewolves from the Crescent pack were gathered. "Niklaus!"

Hayley walked to greet him, seeming annoyed. "You do realize that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?"

"Where is my brother?"

"I'll check his calendar... Wait, no." Hayley replied sarcastically. "Not his wife, so..."

The Mikaelson was unamused by the sarcasm. "Hayley, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command. Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, now's not the best time for your particular brand of...sass."

"Klaus left a while ago. If you want to find him, I can't help you." She suddenly had an idea. "If only there was a magical device that people used to call people? I don't know, I'm out of ideas. Good luck." She turned away, then turned back around. "Oh! One more thing, Elijah, those "beasts" that you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control, but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems."

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Bayou

The sun sparkled against the lake, which had small waves. It was a serene morning, and no one was around. On the dock laid Poppy and Silas underneath a blanket, both wearing their clothes from the dinner party. Silas's arm was draped over Poppy's chest, his hand resting against the cool wood, and her arms were holding the blanket down to keep them warm and tucked in. 

"I love you," he mumbled into her neck as she watched the water. 

A small smile grew on her face. "I love you too.." She closed her eyes. "When all of this blows over, we'll get married. I promise." 

"We can take our time, honey." He placed a kiss on her shoulder softly, the placed kisses leading up to her jaw, causing her to hum. 

 Poppy moved her hand to his and held it. 

"Have you considered taking the cure?" Silas asked, resting his cheek against her shoulder. 

She frowned. "I told you, it wouldn't work." 

"What if I told you it did?"

"Then I would tell you we'd have to go into hiding."

He became silent for a few moments. "But would that be a bad thing?"

Poppy sat up slowly and looked down at him. "I'd have to think about it more..I have so much in this life that I can't just throw away, you know that." 

Silas sat up with her and caressed her cheek. "I know." He told her softly. "But what if your whole family became mortal? Then what?" 

She looked down at her hands before looking back up at him. "They wouldn't, you know that too." She turned her head towards the woods, furrowing her eyebrows as a woman emerged from them. She had chocolate skin and curly brown hair, and she wore a loose t shirt with jeans.