7. Location

April 5, 2010

New Orleans, Louisiana

The Car

Poppy slept on the drive back to Marcel's place, her brown curls acting as a curtain over her face. Lights danced across her figure, along with an occasional quick shadow. The window was rolled down a tad, a soft breeze filling the car with the smell of New Orleans home cooked meals as they passed small homes. It was calm in the car, the radio playing a soft tune.

Marcel sat in the front passenger seat, watching out the window and every now and then sneaking a glance at the sleeping girl. His posture was relaxed and comfortable, they were traveling to Tennessee to meet up with the Salvatore brothers, an arrangement Marcel came to with Stefan over text, posing as the youngest Salvatore borrowing a phone.

Joy was the driver, her hair blowing in the breeze and her brown eyes focused on the road ahead. She wasn't much of a talker in the car.

The girl turned her head against the headrest, scrunching her face as she lifted her hands to her face, pulling a lock of her hair away from her lips. She made a noise of disgust.

The vampire looked back at her. "What's wrong?"

Poppy opened her eyes, looking at him. "I had hair in my mouth."

Marcel scrunched his nose in mock disgust and chuckled. He turned and faced the road ahead of them. "We're heading to Tennessee to meet with your brothers."

"How do they know to meet us there?" The girl inquired, confused.

"I texted them, acting as you. We'll drop you off a few blocks from the place and compel you to run or something. We can't have them thinking you were having fun." He smiled.

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Impersonation is illegal, Marcel." She joked.

Marcel smirked. "Yup."

Joy glanced at the book placed in a slot below the radio, Fleur de Sang, and glanced at the rear view mirror, placing her eyes on the girl. She was oddly reminded of the character, and it gave her an uncomfortable vibe. If the story is based upon Poppy, that would only mean a trail of deaths to follow.

"Marcel, have you figured out why Elijah has been watching her?" Joy inquired to the vampire.

Marcel looked at his friend. "Not yet." He spoke, though the vampire had lied. He knew exactly why.

Tennessee

The Car/Streets

An hour or so later, the sun began to rise. It peaked over over a field of tall grass and wild flowers, coloring the clouds in a soft pink and orange. Birds decorated the sky, stretching their wings after a nights rest.

Inside the car was nothing like the calm outdoors.

The radio blared "Livin' on a Prayer", Poppy singing and dancing the best she could buckled in the seat. The vampire smiled, watching her through the rear view mirror.

"Ooooh, we're halfway there," the girl sang "wooahh, we're livin' on a prayer! Take my hand, we'll make it I swear," She smiled as she sang, forgetting her life problems for that moment. Her singing wasn't perfect, but it was good enough to be tolerable and likable.

Poppy rarely had moments like these. She felt at ease with the vampire and his friend, and let the music fill her mind. She felt like she could take on the world, and the thought of her affiliation with the Mikaelson family. She forgot for the moment of her father, and his vague letter that gave her a new name.