55. Face a Demon Today...

Start from the beginning

"No, no, no.." She cried, tears spilling from her eyes. She took a deep breath, then let out a sob. "Don't leave me, please stop leaving me." She squeezed her eyes shut. "Come back.." She brought her hand to her chest. "It hurts..it hurts so much..why does it hurt so much?" She continued to sob, leaning her head back against the wall. 

Later that night, Silas opened the door to his apartment and walked inside, looking around. "Honey?" He called out, setting down his car keys. He felt her presence, and he walked into the bedroom. 

On the floor against the wall sat his wife, who was asleep, her eyes puffy and her mascara on her cheeks. She would hiccup every few breaths from sobbing. He knelt down and picked her up, carrying her to the bed, where he took off her coat and got in with her. He pulled the blankets over them and held her close to his body, stroking her hair. 

January 4, 2013 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

Silas's Apartment 

The morning was quiet and calm, but sad. Poppy laid with Silas in bed, her head on his shoulder and her arm on abdomen. His arm was wrapped around her, and his fingers brushed back and forth against her upper arm. Her eyes were closed, asleep, but he was awake, and he stared up at the ceiling in thought. 

He looked down at her when her breathing changed, signaling that she had woken up. She opened her eyes. 

"How are you feeling?" Her husband asked, moving her hair behind her ear. 

Poppy moved her hand onto his chest. "Tired..everything hurts.." 

Silas placed a kiss on her forehead. "Try to get some more sleep, okay?"

February 7, 2013 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Bell Tower

Finn stood by the window of the bell tower, looking down at the city, his hand at his chin, he was anxious. 

"Don't worry. I've made sure no one can come in here." Freya assured from behind him. They had been hiding out. 

Finn turned to looked at her. "I'm not worried. I'm just impatient for a reunion with the brothers that tried to kill me." He stepped towards her, his eyebrows raising in surprise when they heard footsteps approach. 

"I found a way in." Poppy sounded. She wore a trench coat, knitted shirt, jeans, and boots. Her hair was in a sloppy bun. 

Finn folded his arms over his chest. "Why are you here?" 

"Because I want answers." Poppy told him, tears in her eyes. "I want to know why I watched my uncle die in front of me for the second time." 

Freya gave her a small frown, then watched as Finn stepped towards her, placing his hands together in front of his chin. 

"Poppy," Finn spoke "Kol was a traitor and a liar. He lived for too long, he had to die. How is that not clear to you?"

His niece stepped closer. "Kol may have been a liar, and a traitor, but I'm willing to accept that because he was the best uncle I could ever ask for. He would play games with me, and teach me magic. He would hold me, and tell me that everything was going to be okay when things went wrong. He was my safety when I was stuck inside my own mind." She took a deep breath, and Finn remained silent, slightly annoyed. "I hate you, do you know that? I hate you, but I also always find myself trying to find a redeeming quality in you, despite everything you've done to hurt me..to hurt my family.." She sniffled and wiped away a tear. "You killed your own brother, Finn. I hope you live with that guilt for the rest of your life." Turning around, she began to leave.