[forty seven] jump in my bank account, so i can deposit you pt.1

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck you looking at?" I sneered.

"I ain't tryna start shit with you, leave me alone before I call my nigga." She retorted.

"I'll slap that nigga skeleton clean the fuck off, call him! Don't look at me funny no more!" I said, brushing past her.

"You betta not let me catch you outside this store." She huffed as I walked past.

I stopped clean in my tracks and barely glanced at her. I took a deep breath and thought about Stokeley's warning.

"Likewise." I simply answered before continuing my route to the register.

"Hello. Welcome to the store. Hopefully you've found all your heart desires with our sale." Said a girl in a monotone voice. She looked bored, her dark makeup and use of chain accessories told me everything I needed to know.

"Yeah, you ain't gotta do that small talk shit. I know you don't care." I nodded to her.

"Yep. Thanks." She ringed up one of my tee-shirts.

It didn't take her long to get done. I only had a handful of items. I paid for them with Geneva's debit card.

Hey, I have a right to spend it! It's my dad's money so technically it's more mines then her's. What she gonna use it for?

I was humming Patrick's tune again when I heard someone calling out to me.

"Aye! You dropped this lil baby!" The voice came from behind me.

"Who the fuck?" I mumbled.

I turned around, bags in hand ready to swing, and looked back at whoever was calling me.

It was a boy around my age. He was fairly good looking, but the dents on his forehead were throwing me off. Nonetheless, he was cute.

"You dropped this." He smiled at me and handed me the pair of jogging pants that I was looking at earlier.

"Oh! No, you gotta have me mistaken with someone else. I ain't buy that." I pointed a finger at the pants without dropping my bags.

"Nah. I actually saw how you was looking at them earlier and decided to get them for you." He winked.

I took out my wallet, prepared to pay him back. "Wow. Uh thanks but you didn't have to-"

"Naw, you'd look cute in them. Take em. Ion want no money I got enough."

"Thank you again." I smiled.

"No problem." He nodded.

I stuffed the pants into one of my bags. I gave him one last smile before walking away.

"Wait!" He called out. "I ain't get yo name lil baby!"

I turned around again, slowing down my walk.

"Sorry, what you did was sweet and all, but I have a boyfriend already." I said empathetically.

He showed down to walk next to me. "That's a shame. Still, I ain't finna just let you walk off like that without getting yo name. What if that nigga turn out to be a bum?"

I snorted. "He is a bum, but I love his bum ass." I muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing. And my name's Jahseh." I said, turning a corner. As expected, he followed.

"Kentrell." He responded. That name sounded familiar as fuck, I just couldn't find out where I'd heard his name before.

My thoughts drifted off to a playground and a swing set seat. I couldn't remember that day for the life of me. Oh well.

"Nice to meet you Kentrell." I smiled.

------------------------------------------------------

"How was it? I don't see any stories on the news about a massacre." Stokes asked, laughing.

"Hardy harr har." I mocked him. "It was fine. Some random hoe tried me, but I ain't do nothing. Just like I promised."

"Aww. Look at you, listening to me and being all positive and shit." He cooed, pulling me into his lap.

"I didn't touch her, but I did damn her and her family to hell for eternity. I hope she enjoys the rest of her days in purgatory." I snickered.

"Nevermind. You know what, I ain't even finna try no more." Stokeley sighed.

"Hey, being positive all the time is hard." I whined. I gotta give Harmony some respect, that shit is difficult.

"Well you know what else is hard?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

I crossed my arms, imitating Nick. "No, I don't. Please, enlighten me."

"Bet." He mumbled, before I felt my head being yanked back by my hair.

About time, I missed bible study.

-JADA