[forty three] boys will be boys

Start from the beginning

She didn't say anything, she just looked away from me. I grabbed her chin and forced her to look at me.

"Why are you so upset? If anything, I helped you." I said.

She smacked my hand away. "By making everyone forget that I ever existed, and by stealing my boyfriend and his taking his virginity that was saved for me?"

I nodded. "Yep."

"Are you fucking serious Jah?" She fumed.

I linked my arm with hers. "Very. But look at it this way, we're in a nice ass mall, and there's dick everywhere." I gestured outside of the Hot Topic.

She sighed. "I was happy with Stokeley, hence me not having any other relationships."

"Didn't you go with Kentrell for a little while?" I questioned.

She scoffed. "For like, an hour. Then I found out that that nigga was burning and itching on the low. I thank God that I ain't kiss his ass."

I snickered. She did too after a moment.

"Come on, help me pay for this. I know my dad gave you money." I started walking towards the register, Geneva and my items in tow.

"How'd you know?" She asked, eyebrows raised.

"Because I'm a sneaky bastard that peeked in your wallet when you fell on me back at home." I answered nonchalantly, putting the clothes on the counter.

"I'm not even mad." She laughed.

------------------------------------------------------

Throughout the day, Geneva told me about her time in heaven.

Apparently, one of the angels decided to pull a Satan and try to start an uprising. That nigga was sent down before he even got to do anything.

The reason that Geneva is here right now is to 'monitor my behavior'. I guess the idea of me having sex still didn't sit right with my dad.

Ion know why he thought that sending Geneva would change anything. I could just lock the door and have Stokeley fuck me. It's honestly so simple.

"Hey, we're you listening?" A hand waved in from of my face.

I snapped out of my thoughts to look at Geneva, who was sitting next to me on the porch. "What?"

"I said am I still welcomed at your place? You know my dad ain't shit." She sighed. I nodded.

Her dad was horrible. The biggest deadbeat that I know and that's saying something. That, and he died from spontaneous human combustion.

"Oh yeah, Tyrone is dead."

"My dad died?" She gasped.

"Yeah. It's weird how many Tyrone's that our parents seem to know. You think it's a plot twist coming involving that nigga?" I asked her.

"Plot twist? From the author? I doubt it. She never uses plot twists." She waved me off.

"Yeah, you're right. That fourth wall though? Whew." I sighed. Geneva nodded.

It was quiet for a little bit. I was enjoying the silence. Geneva's presence was a little nice too. Then I got a text.

mi futuro esposo💍💖: you wanna come over??

I smiled and typed a reply.

me: u dnt even hv 2 ask twice. omw. 👅

I put my phone in my pocket and gave Geneva a pat on the back. She perked up.

"I gotta go, but I'll be back in the morning. Most of the stuff in your room is gone, but I left some of it."

She nodded. "Okay."

I gave her one last smile before I closed my eyes and imagined Stokeley's living room.

In a split second, the smell of grass left my nostrils, and was replaced with.... something burning?

I opened my eyes to see myself in Stokeley's living room, smoke filled the kitchen, but not the rest of the house.

"Bitch how you forget that you had food in the oven?!"

"Shut yo baldhead ass up Rodney! Help me clear this smoke before the smoke detector-"

She was cut off by the smoke detector sounding.

"Shit! Turn it off nigga!" Regina pushed Rodney towards the kitchen.

"Hey! Watch them hands, my back still hurt, you big dumbass!" Rodney scolded.

"Fuck yo back. Fix this mess." Regina coughed and hobbled up stairs, slamming the door behind her.

"Why the fuck was she cooking ramen noodles in the oven anyways?!" Rodney yelled.

I giggled and ran upstairs to Stokes room.

-JADA