[thirty five] angels choking on their halos

Start from the beginning

"What?"

I sighed. "You a nigga, and nigga stay nosey."

"Ohh. Well, yeah." He answered.

"Anyways," I began to take my jacket off. "Watch this."

"Why the fuck you getting naked?" Stokeley backed up.

I stopped him from retreating. "Wait! I just want you look at this. To prove that I am an angel."

He stood still for a moment, but he eventually nodded. Hesitantly.

"Okay. But if I see some black feathers, hear whispering, or you start twitching, then I'm gonna windmill the fuck outta yo ass and dip."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Dramatic ass. And I need to teach you how to fight real soon." I said, tugging off the rest of my jacket.

"For what?"

"Another fight for another chapter. Stop getting off topic. Pay attention." I pointed a finger at him.

"Alright, just hurry up. I could have sworn that I saw Daniel's mouth drooling when I said that I was stepping out." He shuttered.

I repeated his actions and got chills. That nigga needs to go. Maybe I should ask my dad for another favor.

"Watch."

I took a deep breath and focused. I could finally tell that my dad had kept his promise. As soon as I'd started to think about wings, I could feel something tingling.

I breathed in even harder breaths. The tingling sensation grew with every breath that I took. My back began to itch a little, something was rubbing against my skin, slowly coming to poke out of it.

Feathers.

I got more giddy with the second. I could hear Stokeley's heartbeat speed up. I could hear children laughing, birds chirping, cars from down below. I felt wind, on my arms, my back, rippling through my feathers.

I could hear and feel everything.

"What the fuck type of Symere shit..." Stokes muttered.

The tingling sensation stopped. When I turned to face Stokeley, I saw my extended wing nearly touching his nose.

"I told yo dumbass." I grinned.

------------------------------------------------------

"Holy shit. Oh, i-i mean damn! My bad, no disrespect-"

I waved him off. "It's cool. You ain't gotta apologise for shit like that."

He snorted. "That right there is why I didn't believe you." He said, closing the daycare doors behind us.

"What?" I asked. I'd put my wings away and tugged my jacket back on a while back.

Especially when Stokeley started to touch them....his touch did something to me.

An angels wings are sensitive as fuck. And mean really sensitive.

You females think getting your clit touched is nerve wracking because of how sensitive it is, try having your overly sensitive wings caressed by a nigga with rough ass hands.

My dad said it's because when he takes an angels wings away, he wants them to realize how an eternity in hell feels.

I wanted to show him my halo too, but I realized that the glow is a billion times brighter than the sun's, and brighter than the flash of light before a solar eclipse.

I don't need Stokeley to go blind before I get the chance to have my guts rearranged-

"...... mostly because you act...not how I'd expect a literal child of the Lord to act." He explained, cutting off my thoughts.

"And how's that? How do I act?" I teased, crossing my arms.

"Hah! Well, when I first met you, you were about to beat the fuck out of Tay, then you'd grown some sort of attraction towards me, snuck in my shower, and then you said you wanted to eat me because I was 'a snack'."

I uncrossed my arms. "You have a good point."

"From what I've read, angels aren't as sexual and violent as you. But I guess that's what makes it so much more funnier to see you with white wings instead if black ones." He gave me a friendly shove.

We walked side by side to the classroom.

When we got there, I poked my head in and nearly 'sksjskdjdkdj'd at the sight.

It was honestly just how it had been before. Symere was calming down another Jordan vs. Josh fight.

Gus was chilling in the corner. Micheal and Jarad were practically cuddling on the floor while coloring.

Pete and Patrick were harmonizing. Two things I noticed is that Patrick had a really amazing voice, and that Pete was basically a fool for the younger boy.

Me and Stokeley tease.

Tay and Nick were building with blocks, Metri and Dee were helping.

Omar was helping Gazzy clean up spilled glue.

"Hey! Jordan, Josh, y'all calm down! Uh- Tay! Stop throwing blocks at Diego!" Stokeley stomped over to the middle of the room.

I felt a arm snake around my waist. Daniel chuckled.

"Welcome back, kiddo. We've been waiting on you."

-JADA