43. I Didn't Want To Be Alone

Start from the beginning

Klaus's face transformed and he snarled, pushing her to the side. 

"Hey!" Hayley shouted, rushing in, followed by Abigail. "What the hell is going on here?"

Poppy grabbed his leg, ignoring her, and threw him into the wall before standing to her feet. Klaus grunted and stood up, taking deep breaths. 

Poppy swung her arm, creating a barrier between the where the werewolf and witch stood, and where Klaus and Poppy stood. 

"There's one." Klaus noted. 

Poppy sped forward, but he sped away and tripped her, making her fall flat to the floor with a huff.

"Dammit.." She muttered.

"Klaus!" Hayley exclaimed, surprised. 

"She's fine, Hayley. Relax." Klaus said as he watched his daughter stand up. 

Poppy bared her fangs, her eyes glowing now. She grabbed a fire poker from against the wall and threw it at him when he was looking at Hayley, stabbing his leg. He clenched his jaw and pulled it out, turning to face her. She had sped to stand in front of him, grabbing onto the poker, which he held in front of him to push her away. 

Poppy smirked wickedly, the metal rod turning red with heat, and the pair dropped it. The two stared at each other, both of their faces transformed. 

"I think now would be a good time to calm down." Abigail stated, taking down the barrier with her magic. "Look, if this is about me, I can find somewhere else to stay." 

The pair ignored her, their adrenaline rush coming to a stop as they stared at each other. Klaus suddenly smiled, and he hugged his daughter close to him. Poppy smiled a bit, closing her eyes, her hands and cheek against his chest. 

"We were only sparring, Hayley.." Poppy spoke quietly. "I'd never actually fight my dad."

Suddenly, everything became dark and cold. Poppy no longer felt the warmth of her father's chest as she stood, her breaths visible in the air. 

"Hello?" She called out, rubbing her arms. 

She turned her head to the sound of footsteps, heels to be exact. 

"You're here with my brother." Her aunt Rebekah sounded, appearing out of thin air. "A word of advice? A witch as lovely as you has no business dating Kol." She walked to a woman, who wore a 1910s party dress and held a glass in her hand. She was pretty, yet she looked lonely. 

The witch, whose voice was vaguely familiar, let out a small nervous laugh. "Oh, it's not really a date." 

Rebekah placed her hand on the witch's arm. "You can do better." She lowered her hand and walked to a staircase which had appeared. 

Standing on the staircase was Elijah, Kol, Marcel, Delevingne, and Klaus, who held a young Poppy in his arms, who was dressed nicely yet comfortably. Klaus looked at his daughter and smiled, kissing her cheek before a photo of them was taken with the flash of a light. Rebekah took Poppy from her brother gently and walked down the stairs. 

"Could you take her to a different room? Just for a minute?" Rebekah asked the witch. 

The witch nodded as Rebekah passed the little girl into her arms. "Of course." 

Quickly, Rebekah's face transformed then returned to normal. "I'm trusting you." She returned to the stairs, Delevingne's eyes trained on the witch as she carried young Poppy out of the room and into a quiet one.