48

Noah's pov

Ringing of my phone brought me out of my thoughts, I turn to make sure Eva was still asleep. I pull her body to mine and put my chin on her head, she snuggle closer which brought smile on my face. I look up to find few stars and clear sky. Everything with Eva was so pure and beautiful. The more I realise the more I fell in love with her.

She comes into my life and turns my life upside down. I kissed her head. And closed my eyes. But again my phone started ringing.

I picked it up to check Caller Id.

I cursed when I saw Alex's no. this man know how to ruin my and Eva's moments.

First I thought of ignoring it but if he was calling at this hour of night then it must be important.

I put Eva's head down slowly and slide my pants on. I covered her body with blanket. And walked little far from her.

"This better be important Alex." I mumble rubbing my eyes.

"Where are you." His voice was dead serious which only meant business.

"On terrace." I replied

"Come down to your flat am waiting." he said in flat voice.

"What the hell man." I cursed not wanting to leave Eva alone.

"Just come down okay." he said.

"But Eva is sleeping I can't wa—" I tried to reason with him but stopped when he interfere.

"She will be fine."  he spat.

He never talk this way, maybe something really had happened.

I cursed.

Alex have been working on finding his sisters killer. All those years Mr Black was investigating secretly without involving cops because he had his doubt that cops were involved with killer directly or indirectly.

But the poor man was shoot when he was so close to finding killers location.

All these Year he was searching with ginger's grandparents help because they too lost their girl.

After Mr. Black was shoot, every one stopped looking for killer because no one could bare the lose of any other family members. But when Alex got hold of his father's files and works he involved himself for searching that person. I knew of Alexs name but never met him in person, when I first  saw him at Mrs Black's then I got to know he was the Alex who have been working in Australia.

We all lied for the cause of Mr. Blacks death because we could not afford to alert cops or any other person.

I walked inside to find Alex passing around the hall.

When he heard my foot steps He turn to face me. I cursed, his face was as pale as ghost. His eyes were dead.

Shit...!!

This can't be good.

"What happened man." I asked praying to god for no more death of any family member.

"You need to see this." he shoved his laptop in my hand.

He opened his laptop and phone to show me all the evidence.

First there was photo of killer 19 years ago and second it was of his photo of recent days. He looked old.

But when he clicked next photo my body stiffened.

I never in billion thought imagine this.

"But how —" I stumbled back and sat on sofa.

"I don't know men, its all messed up." Alex said sitting next to me.

"Look at this." He slide down photos of transactions made different times.

Then he slide down photo showing of his location.

"Noah, I knew he was in town, I saw him three times but I was with my family all those times and I didn't wanted to put my family in danger by following him. but I made one of my guy follow him. Which lead to nothing. He dissappear like he never existed." he slide down the photos."But this time I am not letting this bastard take any more of my family members life. This time I will kill him with my own hands. But before that I have to make sure Jennifer, Rosie and mom stay somewhere safe." he tightened his hands in a fist to control his anger.

" I'll suggest you to do the same thing, if you want your family to be safe then do the right thing man."
He took a deep breath to calm himself. Then he slide Eva's phone down. "Rosie took her with her, she was busy playing games and later Eva might have forgotten to take it back from her" With that he walked away out my house.

Not knowing what to do I walked out of building and started driving far away from my past, but I can't, the more I try to walk away the more I come back to same point of fear. Fear of loosing someone.

I cursed and hit the staring wheels.

I have to keep them safe I can't let the killer ruin my life any more.

I took out my phone and call the only person who is going to understand me.

My father.