13

I woke up to find Alex and Jennifer sipping coffee. They both were in their last night dress.

"So I guess you guys stayed out?"
I asked smirking at them.

"Yep" Alex said. "we had a great time."

Jennifer was red. But she nodded.
"We nedded that."
She came and hugged me.
"Thank you for tasty dinner."
I smiled.
"But you didn't gave your hug to me, I was the one who arranged everything." Alex pouted.

She just chuckle.

Group hug, Rosie came running rubbing her eyes.
She hugged mine and Jennifer's thigh.

Alex joined our hug.

"OK now back to work.
Call mom's friend and ask her to call mom to hang out or something. And make sure to remind her to not let her come home until 5pm."  Alex said to Jennifer, who nodded and walked to kitchen where Mrs Black was making breakfast for everyone.

"OK after mom leaves you will start preparing cake." Alex pointed to me I gave him salute with two fingers.

"What about me daddy?" Rosie asked.

I scooped her and said she was going to be my assistant.

She nodded happily.

After breakfast everything came to an action after shower I changed into Jennifer's cloth which she lend me.

Alex brought all decorations and lights box from store room and headed towards backyard. It was quite beautiful with big swimming pool. After moving down couple of steps yard was big with trimmed grasses and bushes and big trees near the fence.

I walked back in kitchen and started mixing ingredients to make cheese dark chocolate cake. I know Mrs Black, Rosie and I shares the same interest of chocolates.

As I was stirring the batter Alex came and lick it, he gave me thumbs up and walk out.

Seriously this guy can eat anything you surve him.

In the middle of stirring batter Rosie ditched me saying she is going to help daddy as she was only smart girl who could only agree with him choosing lights and decors.

I shook my head and smiled at her choice of words. because I know she didn't wanted me to feel bad as she was getting bored sitting on the counter.

I was almost done pouring batter in pan. it just need to be baked at low temperature.

I pushed the batter inside the prep heated oven and set the temperature of 40 minutes.
I also set an alarm in my phone for a reminder, I found 5 missed calls from unknown no. I decided to call it later when I'll have time and headed to backyard to help them.

We arrange everything around a huge table which was set in middle with 20 chairs. I and Jennifer headed inside kitchen to prepare for dinner. As ti's going to take time to make everything in time.

We split the dishes we are going to prepare, I decided to prepare lasagna, galric bread and pasta.
And she was preparing cheese chicken with fires.

After lasagna I decided to ice the cake so that it gets good time to chill in freezer.

When pasta was almost cooked I asked Jennifer to check it so that I can go and get changed but Alex came with three boxes stopping me, one he handed to Jennifer one to Rosie and last one to me.

I open my mouth to ask but he shush me.

"I know you wouldn't accept it but, please take it, I'll feel good. You are also a family. so how can I forget to buy something when I was buying for them. He nodded towards Jennifer and Rosie who were beaming at us.