27

(Eva)

I slept for 4 hours, I was so exhausted, tired and hungry. I was planning to take twins for lunch. If in 40 minutes I get the bus or else I will pass out.

My phone was dead in my bag, and I am least bother about it. I walked out of station, bought an energy bar to fill my stomach with something and headed to bus stop.

I never thought I would be coming back here with no where to go from here and twins birthday is in couple of weeks. Till then I will figure out about new job and apartment.

Bus ride was blurr and next thing I know I was standing in front of my parents house, which looked way to littered with unwanted things.

It was unusual because Harry never let a particle of dust to settle down. He was very particular in cleaning the back yard and front of the house regularly.

When I knocked on the door no one opened, I decided to sit on steps and waited for them to come.
I started getting impatient and hugary  which was making me uneasy.

"Who's there?" some one shouted

I turned to find our cook standing with hands full of bags.

I walked towards her and hugged her. It felt good to have a human contact for a second as this loneliness and silence kept bugging my brain cells.
Then I asked if she have a key of the house to which she shook her head.

"Sorry dear, but its been more than a week since I stopped working for your family. It was sudden decision for your family to move out of here as Mr. Michael sir got promoted to new post." she smiled, but when she saw my dumbstruck face she realised that I was un aware of this moving.

She put all the bags down on the ground. She took out two envelopes and gave it to me.

"Mr. Michael sir asked me to give it to you, if by any chance you stopped by on twins birthday, I always carried it in my purse so that I don't forget them as he was worried and sounded urgent." she said with a small frawn.

She checked her watch for time and took all the bags. "Sorry Eva, I can't stay to talk, I am getting late so I'll be taking my leave now." she said and started walking stopped and pull out a small box and hand it to me.
"It was in mail box, so I thought it must be important." I thanked her and walked back to sit on the steps but stopped. this property belongs to someone else now and if anyone saw me trespassing they will call police.
I checked the mail box last time to make sure there wasn't anything else. But found an envelope.

I took it and shove it in my bag with other envelopes.

I don't know where to go from here, but I was sure I am not going back to city

I went to small cafe and ordered a coffee, orange juice and burger.

I took out all the envelopes and box and spread it on table. First I decided to open Harry's envelope as I open it, waiter brought my order. I kept it down and thought of eating first.

As I was sipping 2nd cup of coffee I open Harry's letter and started reading.

'Eva,
I know you must be wondering where the hell we disappeared after inviting you for twins birthday. But we had to Eva.
Remember I told you how I used to work for bad people. Well, those bad people came searching for us and luckily I found them first and left everything. I sold our house so that there won't be any proof of us. I have burned mine and leilas phone, with all the information which can lead them to us. So I want you to stay in city. Don't come back here again, just never.
And I may not call you for a while so don't try anything specially don't involve any of your friends or police. It's too risky.
I hope you would understand.
Why I want you to stay to your friends in city because you would be safe there. If they reach you then they would reach us and twins life would be in danger.

I am also sending the letter we received as a worning.

Good bye Eva
Stay safe

Harry. '

I read it again and again.
So they left me alone and disappeared.

I took out letter which Harry mentioned.

' we are coming.' just 3 words and it scared Harry that bad he sold everything and went like 'poof' in air.

Though that letter didn't had any address as well other 2 envelopes and box.

I opened the box and closed it as soon as I opened. It had 2 small dall without head and it was covered in red paint. With name Hazel and Steve. Those two dalls were copy of twins, as a message. my eyes widen and without knowing a sob escaped from my mouth.

Then with shaking hands I open the next envelope.

Again 3 words 'you will die' with red Cross.

It was impossible to breath I started feeling suffocated.

I put my hand on Harry's letter and reminded my self again that they are safe, Harry would do anything to keep twins and laila safe.

I rubbed my chest to ease some pain.

I opened the next envelope, it has photos.
Photos of twins playing, twins walking out of school twins in bus and leila and Harry doing their daily routine work.

They have been kepping an eye on their activities.

Who ever they were, if they have scared the hell out of Harry then it must mean something.

There was a letter too.
I opened it

'so finally we found you. You and your sweet family is out of box, well I didn't knew your wife was a hot piece and your sweet little daughter is in a line to follow her on her step of beauty. I guess it would be a great honor to snatch away both of them from you. But for now you don't have to worry about it, as I feel like playing this cat and mouse game. First we will kill you and then I'll have my ways with her.'

My hands started shaking. I have to tell everything to police I took my phone but stopped remembering Harry's words.
I can't risk going to police.

I can't stay here, neither I can go back to city but I have no other option.