3

"Miss you need to take care of that cut on your forehead, it's bleeding." the lady who was sitting beside me pointed towards my face.

I touched my forehead and wince because of sudden pain.
When I look at my fingers they were red.

I gave her a small smile and nodded my head.

I whispered thank you to her when she passed me a tissue packet towards me.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the window.

Everything was going well, Steve and Hazel were happy to see me and were bouncing all over the sofa.
Mom and dad even liked the gifts which I bought for them.
Steve and Hazel were showing their new bikes to me which was in backyard. Then they started racing they were quite good at that.

When I was 8 years old I hardly learnt the basic, which was of course because of my best friend Angelica Young.
She moved out of this small town when we were in 6th grade and never came back.

I was left so heart broken, because she was the only person who was kind enough to talk, when everyone was bullying me

I went back to living room to find my mother searching in my bag for something.

I clear my throat.

"Are you looking for something mom? " I asked.

She turn towards me and raised her perfectly shape one brow.
"Yes, I was looking for some money.
As you know how expensive it is just to survive." she answered.

"Umm, about that I was going to tell you that I won't be able to send any money for few mon—"

"What are you talking about?" she stare at me blankly

"Mom I just graduated from college, I need those money. I can't stay in college dorm anymore, I have to find a place to live. It's kind of expensive and I don't think I can afford it.
So, I was thinking may be you and dad would lend me some mon—" she cut me again.

"Are you out of your mind, how can you ask us for money?, You know how much I and your father work hard to survive. plus we were planning on sending the twins to better school and we are also saving for their college funds." she said in serious voice, no leaving choice for further discussion.

But I can't just leave this way.
If only they would have saved for my college funds.

"Mom I just want it as a loan may be?" I was desperate, because I don't have any other choice. "I will return each and every single pie I promise."
"It's really important mom." I added in small voice.

I took a deep breath and continued.

"I have some interviews this coming week, if everything goes well I'll get a good job then everything will be fine, I promise." I informed her about my upcoming interview.

"How much do you have?" She asked.

I smile happily, at least there is some hope.

I told her about all my savings.

I have been saving since I was small,
I knew if I wanted to live alone I had to start saving.

I was going to inform her about my Friday interview, but stopped when Maya announce that dinner was ready.

After dinner I was so tired. So, I headed to Hazel's room which we were going to share because we don't have enough rooms, so mom decided it would be best to give Hazel my old room. I was fine with it, as I was never home and twins were growing.

"Mom dad what happened?" I was surprised to see them sitting on the bed.

"We wanted to talk to you" dad said.