24

"Eva?," you in there Emma asked  knocing door.

I stand up and put my pj's.

I open the door to find a very tired Emma leaning against doorframe.

"finally you are awake. Noah brought dinner let's eat it before it gets cold." she said and started pulling me.

I shook my head and whisper no my voice was harsh and crack from crying for hours.

"What happened to your lips?" she asked when she saw my face under light.

"I fell in bathroom when I was taking shower." I said without blinking.

"Okay take care Eva, why are you so clumsy?. Anyways come let's eat before dinner gets cold." she said with a chuckle.

"I ate at diner, I am not hungry, I just feel so tired. You go and eat. I am fine." I lied. Because I don't want to see Noah.

I shut the door behind her.

...

I woke up early and got dressed I left for office half an hour early as planned because I don't want to see or be at the same place where Noah was.

So I put a note for Emm saying I left early as I had lots of pending work to do.

I am aware of it that in an hour I have to see Noah, as I work for him but I'll manage it. I need money and for that I am ready to do anything. I can't abandone both girls knowing they don't have anywhere or anyone with them.

Because I know the felling of being alone and helpless.

So I made sure to keep less and less face to face conversation with Noah. Now I was avoiding him. Because whenever I see his face every words come crashing to cut deep in my heart.

Why I expected from him to understand and be there for me, when every one left me.
Why everyone try so hard to break me?, why I thought it would be any different?

As I was arranging everything I got a call from hospital saying there is an emergency and I have to be there.

I mail Noah saying I have an emergency and walked out of office without waiting for his response.

I run out of cab after paying driver towards the room, I visited everyday here almost every one is aware of me.

Dr. Chloe and nurses were standing with other Dr., they were in deep conversation. When Dr. Chloe saw me coming they stopped talking and everyone rushed inside operation room.

"Eva there's a bad and a good news, so which one you like to know first." Dr. Chloe asked as I reach his side.

I mumble bad.

"OK so as you know both patients are in critical conditions and it's been long and still no response, but their condition became worst room no. 34 patients swelling increased and we have our doubts that, if we don't perform immediate surgery we may loose her." My legs buckle, I took support from wall to stand. "And patient in room no.35 need spinal cord surgery or she may get paralysed down neck which may also lead to death."

"good news?" I asked. When he stopped talking

"The best surgeon is in this hospital. he always visits here in six months, but they cost fortune because he works in the best hospital of city and surgery is going to take place in their hospital as we don't have that kind of equipments." He passed me all the reports. "If you want we can hurry with process, but it's going to cost more or around a million as both of girls are in critical condition and they are well knwo Dr. If you want I can arrange a meeting with them."