32

I stepped out of elevator but stop when I saw a very angry Noah.

In two long stride he was now standing in front of me, he opened his mouth to speak but was stopped by ringing of his phone.

He cursed but answer his phone
Muttering it was important.
I took that chance to move past him.

I made my self busy with all the pending works of upcoming events and meetings with Clients and investors.

After finishing his call, He came and stand in front of me. "I will be out today as an emergency meeting have been arranged for all business development committees. So it's going to take time. if any important papers or files arrives just keep it on my desk." he informed me.

I nodded my head, But I didn't look up from keyboards.

He took a deep breath and sigh. He waited for something but after couple of seconds he lean to kiss my head.
I freeze in place. my hand started shaking but I clenched it in a tight fist and closed my eyes savouring every kisses and moments deep in my mind.
His lips stayed longer there but he pulled away.

When I was sure he was no longer in line of sight, I opened my eyes and a single tear dropped out of my eyes. I brush it off with one hand while typing with another.

I decided to visit hospital during lunch time. because I know, if Noah found me missing he would track me down and everything I am working hard to keep a secret from him, will come to surface with a price of everyone's life.

Later when I was done talking to Dr. Ron about their progress I headed to their rooms, both the girls are staying in same room.

I sat in front of first girl, whose face was no more swollen, her cheeks have some colors in it. The longer I stare at her the more her face looks familiar. Her face was so much familiar with some one I had known. but she can't be her. She is somewhere safe and healthy. She have family. A father, mother and a living sister, who would kill for her.

When I pushed her sleeves up slightly I found same birth mark which I always liked on her.
My hands were shaking and I was praying and praying her to not be her. Though I would do anything to see her again but not like this, I want her smiling, laughing and running around not here lying on bed like a dead person.

I took her left hand in my both hands, I turned slightly to see her small finger. And I sobbed when I found what I was looking.

I sobbed holding her hand over my heart. I pour all my heart, pain and our memories. I cried and cried until room filled with my hickups and sobs.

"Oh Angelica, what happened, and who did this to you?" I kissed her hands again and again.

She is my Angelica, my best friend who had to move out with her family from our small town. Its been more then 9 years since last I saw her.

In 7th grade when Angelica found out she was leaving the town, she was soo mad. Out of her rebellious nature she got a small tattoo on her small finger of alphabet of her and my name. 'A€' .

I wiped my eyes and started talking to her about our childhood memories waiting for her giggle or even her glare but anything. When I get nothing I sobbed more.

Never in thousand thoughts I ever imagined of seeing her in this condition.

When nurse saw me crying like a baby she rushed to my sied and started rubbing my back whispering she is going to be fine. She is making progress. Both of the them are making progress.

I nodded wiping all tears away. And smile at Angel. "She have to make it back to me"

I talk to other girl for a while before leaving hospital. When I open my phone I saw missed calls from Emma and Alex because I spent almost two hours here in hospital.

I took taxi, which took me back to office building in 15 minutes with full speed.

I run inside and went to floor no. 15 to find Emma working on her computer.

"Sorry I fell asleep in Park." it feels like now a days I have only lie to her.

She narrowed her eyes searching in my eyes. "So this is why your eyes are red and puffy?"

I nodded biting my lower lips.

"Oh here you are. Noah called me to tell you that he needed you to mail him some reports." He stopped. "What happened to your eyes."

"Oh she fell asleep in Park." Emma chuckle. Remembering the time in college when I fell asleep in our outdoor reading sessions.

He nodded. But they way he was observing my face, it felt like he didn't buy any of it.

Not thinking more I headed to my computer to do what I was asked to do.