1

"No no no no,
Eva wake up!!"

"Don't close your eyes"

When I touch her neck to feel her pulse, I panic.
No no no, this is not good.

"Just keep your eyes open, ambulance is on the way."

Her eyes keep closing.

"Shit don't you dare close your eyes, please!!"

"Sir you have to move. so that we can check on her" someone said.

I hold her tight to me, not wanting to let her go.

"Sir please!!"
"Every second counts if you want us to save her and you are delaying it."
I moved out of their way and let them do their work

"Sir we cannot find her pulse" one of paramedic announce. She started doing cpr and pressing her chest, then repeated it until Eva gasp for air. "Hurry get the oxygen mask !! " they rushed.

I fell on my knees.

She is breathing, I repeated again and again.

After that everything was blur, its like life was sucked out of me, I can't move or speak I was numb.

I just sat there watching, as they  walked away with her pale body with them.

I heard my phone ringing, I answered it without checking name.

"Hello, Noah??" Emma started speaking

"Where are you? "

"I have been calling you because we found some trace of  Eva but you didn't answered your phone" she said in hurry as if she wa running or something. Then she added. "I called Your driver and he said you found Eva and you are now with her." she asked agin.

"Is she with you did you tell her how much you love her?"  she said when I didn't reply to her.

"Hello!!!"

"Noah say something!!!"

"Hello?? you there??"

"Noah—

"Emmy I- I am sh- she met with an accident. She was not breathing.
They took her away Emm" I whisper in broken voice.

"What are you talking about Noah?" Emma's voice was full of worries.

"Eva."  I whisper her name in so much pain.

"They took her in an ambulance.
Emm, she was so pale and cold,
Am I going to lose her? " I shut my eyes closed, tightly and started crying.

At that moment I did not care what people or my little sister would think of me, that 'oh so tough Noah was crying like a baby'.

" Shhh, stop crying and tell me where are you am coming. " her voice was urgent and scared.

Of corse she was scared too, because they have been best friends since college.

"Near my office building" I answer

"Okkie!!!,
be there, I am coming.
Everything will be fine, I promise."